Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Download issue with latest ZA

Bran Guest

Unhappy Download issue with latest ZA

Hi all,

Recently updated ZA due to the updating bug on the version i had. I have now downloaded the latest version of ZA but i am facing a new issue. What the problem is is that whenever i download, a ZA download manager downloads the file rather than Firefox. What i would like is for Firefox to download my files.

I have contacted ZA live chat, and they suggested unchecking 'check file downloads for spyware', which i did, but nothing happened, same problem. They never really suggested anything else other than they'll be notifying, not quite sure who, of the problem.

So at the moment i am pretty much at a loss, i have uninstalled and reinstalled ZA but still no success. Anyone have any suggestions?

ZoneAlarm Free Firewall version: 10.2.078.000
    I am running on Windows 7.

Default Re: Download issue with latest ZA

Hello;

A simplier method to to permanently remove the Security Toolbar/ Download Manager/ Advanced Download Protection in ZA Free

Windows Add/ Remove programs and look for 'ZA Toolbar' and delete this entry only.

Try this method first before attempting a 'full ZA un-install and re-install' as described above. If you can not find the toolbar, you may need to perform a 'full ZA un-install and re-install with un-checked toolbar option.'

1.) During install its one whole major screen where its asks in very large text if you want the tool bar and to change your homepage and search engine default.

Nothing hidden or in tiny little text.

So Checkpoint did not change it with out asking your permission.

You didn't read the screen and just kept clicking next without looking.

2.) you can simply remove the ZA toolbar (you will find the entry in XP add/remove programs). During the uninstall the toolbar installer will ask you if you want to restore your homepage previous settings.

Bran Guest

Hi George, thank you for the reply.

I looked for the toolbar in add/remove programs but it's not there.

I'm pretty sure i unchecked the toolbar option when installing ZA, but to make sure i'll do a uninstall and reinstall and look out for it.

Thank you.

Your Welcome...

Bran Guest

Ok mate, uninstalled and reinstalled, unchecked the toolbar, have also unchecked the option in zonealarm to check files for spyware, but still i get the ZA downloader.

Has the ZA security engine add-on got anything to do with this? When i installed ZA, and opened firefox, it asked me to install a ZA add on.

Bran Guest

Just to add, i also have version 102_057_000 in my downloads folder, should i attempt to install this version? The download issue wasn't on this version, although the update bug was.

Just turn off the web indentity protection and you will not see the download anymore

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Bran Guest

Thanks for the reply

Sorry for my nativity on the subject! But if i did turn it off wouldn't that make me susceptible to malware/spyware and whatever else when browsing the net? Pretty much defeating the whole point of having a firewall?

I just don't get why this problem is occurring. I have never had this issue before, and if i cant get rid of it i'll most likely turn to a different firewall, which i really don't want as i have been a ZA customer for a fair number of years now and i like it.

Download protection is part of the identity web protection. Since, you do not like it, you can turn it OFF. This does not turn off your ZA firewall or ZA application control. You want the full protection including antiphishing and web protection? Then you need to turn it back ON.

Also, ZAfree firewall does not come with an antivirus (unless you are using the ZAFree antivirus). Threfore, to protect from viruses and malware you need to run an antivirus. If you do not have an antivirus you can download, free of charge, the ZAfree antivirus from http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...tall-steps.htm (you will need to first remove your current ZAfree version to install ZAfree antivirus)

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; October 2nd, 2012 at 12:46 AM.

Yes, correct. Also that route is possible. Nevertheless the result will be the same as the engine governs the checking of phishing site and the rest of the web protection (e.g. site check). The only difference is that this way you could use firefox without identity protection and may be Internet Explorer with identity protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information