ZA v.10.2.081.100 – Windows 7 and/ or VISTA
I will be connecting my laptop to a satellite and need to transmit as little data as possible.
I will only access and update a website on GoDaddy via Internet Explorer 9 or Firefox
I have to block everything else!
I read http://forums.zonealarm.com/showpost.php?p=292030&postcount=3 but it is old, dated 2004
- Go to Application Control and ensure it is set to MAX – DONE
- Go to SmartDefense and ensure it is set to MANUAL – Is this DefenseNet under the Firewall tab? I do NOT want the ZA server to be queried for that program’s policy
- Go to Program control and ensure that "Enable Microsoft Catalog Utilization" is Unchecked – DONE
- Reboot the PC
- Go to Program List and remove the entry(ies) in question.
In my case are there any programs that I should not block?
- Client Sever Runtime Process
- COM Surrogate
- Internet Explorer / Firefox
What is the difference between removing a program and setting SmartDefense to Custom and Trust Level to ASK?
Is there anything else I should do/know to limit data transmission to an absolute minimum?