Thread: Frostwire and File Sharing?

Dark785 Guest

Default Frostwire and File Sharing?

Okay, so I was going to look into trying out file sharing. I've done a little bit of research on which programs are "safer" than others, but I was curious to know if anyone here does file sharing, and what programs/sites would you recommend?

But that's not my main question. I have a friend who used to use Frostwire quite a bit, and eventually he downloaded a pretty bad virus. That being said, I don't think he looked for the "warning signs" as far as what file are mostly likely safe and which ones could contain a virus, trojan, etc. Also, I doubt he has security software as good as ZA.

My question is, if I were to carefully determine which files are mostly likely safe before downloading them, and then after downloading them, scan them with ZA, do you think I'd be relatively safe?

I downloaded Frostwire a little while ago, but haven't really used it yet. I've been really skeptical.

Thanks.

Default Re: Frostwire and File Sharing?

I am afraid, from a security point of view, the answer is no. There is always a risk if you download software not directly from the source. You have thousands variants of new malware developed everyday and no security tool can protect you from this.

Be prepared with up to date images of you system so that if things go wrong you can image back your system to a clean state.

Please note that this is a ZA forum related to common ZA product related issues. Discussion about other software, tools, etc is simply offtopic.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Dark785 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    I am afraid, from a security point of view, the answer is no. There is always a risk if you download software not directly from the source. You have thousands variants of new malware developed everyday and no security tool can protect you from this.

Be prepared with up to date images of you system so that if things go wrong you can image back your system to a clean state.
    Ok, thanks. I don't really know much about having "images" of my system. I'll have to look into that.

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    Please note that this is a ZA forum related to common ZA product related issues. Discussion about other software, tools, etc is simply offtopic.

Thanks,
    Fax
    lol, I'll remember that for next time
    Thanks again.

You're welcome!

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information