Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: zonealarm 11 and windows 8 issue

Hi

i have installed version 11 on windows 8 and i notice that any software i try to install goes very slow, for example i tried installing adobe cs5 and it just hangs but if i exit zone alarm it will install.

when i first noticed this i reinstalled win8 from fresh again, installed win8 updates and then zonealarm, then cs5 and still slow, exit ZA and away it goes. i have no pop ups in ZA when this happens and have the firewall set to manual.

anyone else found this?

thanks

chris

===========
    Hi

11.0.018.000, i didn't know there was any other version yet. i thought this version supported win8.

will do

thanks
    Last edited by fax; November 18th, 2012 at 03:39 AM. Reason: Merged

Default Re: zonealarm 11 and windows 8 issue

Exact version of ZA used? If you are a licensed user you should contact the official ZA support (all users here) at the link in my signature and report the problem (On the main ZA support link, push on the live chat link).

If you have a free version, soon there should be a beta test of WIN8 compatible version of ZA Extreme. You should take a ride and report the issue to beta feedback. This information will go directly to the ZA development team.

Please let us know back if you find a solution to the problem. It may help other users in this forum.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Hi!

yes, it does support WIN8 as reported in the release history. Otherwise you would not be able to install it . A new version of ZA Extreme is in the works, as soon it is WIN8 compatible you could beta test? It all depends on the version used as you could also benefit to the official support if you are licensed user.

But I can't understand the version you use. When I asked which version of ZA I meant ZA comes dressed with many version ZAfree, ZAfree+AV, ZA Suite, ZA PRO, ZA Extreme, etc.... Reporting 11.0.018.000 does not really help.

Right click the ZA icon near the clock --> about --> copy to clipboard --> paste it here. So other users will know the version of ZA used.

When posting on a user forum you should ensure to post as many information as you can. What type of other security software are you using. The system used (RAM, CPU, etc) and any other possible information you deem useful to get help. Otherwise, IF you are a licensed user of ZA you should contact ZA support directly.

Merging your post with your initial post (keep the thread short) as you did not really add any additional information.

Thanks,
    Fax

Hi

blimmy, why do I feel I have done the wrong thing in posting on here.

sorry Guru for my first tardy post.

I am I registered user with multiple licenses

version used and as you can see I have updated to the latest official version.

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version: 11.0.000.020
    ZoneAlarm license key: ##########################
    Vsmon version: 11.0.000.020
    Driver version: 11.0.000.009
    Antivirus engine version: 8.3.0.13
    Antivirus signature DAT file version: 1098992288
    AntiSpam version: 6.3.1.4973
    ZoneAlarm Browser Security: 1.5.393.18
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner: 1.2.104.0

this version is a little better but still not right, on some installs it is still very slow. on some uninstalls it is still very slow, when I say very slow I mean like 10mins just for the uninstall or install to happen whether it be a small program or large program unless I exit zone alarm.

I am running 16gb ram and using an i7 cpu in a dell vostro 430. no other security software used other than what comes with win8.

I will head over to live support later and see how that goes.

Running the same version on WIN8 in a far less performing PC and no issue whatsoever. It could be some weird interaction with third party software. If you are willing to troubleshoot the issue yourself, try first to cross check its really ZA. Use MSCONFIG:

1.) Right click Start -> Run
    2.) Type MSConfig in the run box and click OK
    5.) Once in MSConfig click the Services Tab
    6.) Place a check in "Hide All Microsoft Services"
    7.) Now remove checks from everything other than TrueVector Internet
    Monitor and ZoneAlarm LTD toolbar (if present), and click OK.
    3.) Click the Startup Tab, click on hyperlink that will open the task manager Startup items
    4.) Order by publisher and disable all items except items from Microsoft and Checkpoint
    8.) Restart your computer

How does it work? Always slow?

Quote Originally Posted by webselector View Post
    Hi

i have installed version 11 on windows 8 and i notice that any software i try to install goes very slow, for example i tried installing adobe cs5 and it just hangs but if i exit zone alarm it will install.

when i first noticed this i reinstalled win8 from fresh again, installed win8 updates and then zonealarm, then cs5 and still slow, exit ZA and away it goes. i have no pop ups in ZA when this happens and have the firewall set to manual.

anyone else found this?

thanks

chris

===========
    Hi

11.0.018.000, i didn't know there was any other version yet. i thought this version supported win8.

will do

thanks
    Experiencing the same the same issue with ZoneAlarm Extreme Security v11.0.000.018 with Windows 8 Pro. A 506kb application may take up to 3 min to install, once you disable ZA Application Control, the application installation will jump and complete to 100%. Again with Photoshop cs6, with Application Control enable take about 27 minutes, disable take 6 minutes. I would says the issue resides on ZA Application Control engine. Even Windows 8 cold boot takes longer. Tried the recommendation above my post and it does not work.

Hi!

if you have a valid license please contact directly the ZA official support and report it (link to support in my signature, once at the main ZA support site push on LIVE CHAT). ZA support does not monitor this user board, more reports to them more likely this will be looked at earlier than later

Before contact support (if you are entitled to) please update to the latest version as this will be the first suggestion they will give you.

There could be soon a new beta of ZA Extreme (line 11). I would recommend you subscribe to it when out. This will help improve ZA as your feedback will go directly to ZA development team.

Quote Originally Posted by Poloasis View Post
    Tried the recommendation above my post and it does not work.
    Which recommendations and what does not work?

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; December 2nd, 2012 at 07:41 AM.

We are working on a similar issue to fix.

Would either of you webselector or Poloasis be willing to try a special build to see if the issues improve for you and give us feedback and logs if necessary.

Forum Moderator
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Hi

I am happy to try this for a short period.

reason for this is that your spam filter is not compatible with outlook 2010 under windows 8 (your supports info) and crashes it every time I open it so I may have to look round for another piece of software in the mean time as I have several thousand emails to download as I add accounts to my new pc.

like I say though happy to trial it while I look around and give feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum-Moderator View Post
    We are working on a similar issue to fix.

Would either of you webselector or Poloasis be willing to try a special build to see if the issues improve for you and give us feedback and logs if necessary.

Forum Moderator
    I am available to try any beta build you guys want me to test and report the logs. Let me know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information