Thread: Internet connectivity lost after ZA has been running for a day or two, XPSp3

DaveZA Guest

Default Internet connectivity lost after ZA has been running for a day or two, XPSp3

I updated from 10.2.074.000 to the 11.0.018.000 ZA Extreme Security but the problem is unresolved.

I'm finding that after ZA has been running for a day or a few, I lose internet connectivity for most apps (browsers, Outlook and others) and some apps that need connectivity hang (like PingPlotter, ping, and others).

If I close ZA I get the connectivity back and the hung apps resume, but when I restart ZA the connectivity is lost. "Snooze firewall" does not make a difference. The only app I have noticed that does not lose internet connectivity is TweetDeck.

I have done some more analysis and after noting the PID for vsmon.exe, I find that vsmon restarts at the same time as the connectivity is lost, however I also see that sometimes vsmon restarts without losing connectivity. zatray.exe does not restart.

Anyone seen this before or know of a fix please?

[I find the CAPTCHA is very difficult to read sometimes.]

Default Re: Internet connectivity lost after ZA has been running for a day or two, XPSp3

You seems to have constant connectivity issue since sometime on different versions of ZA.

I would start from a clean board when installing a new main version. I would then:

- Remove ZA from XP add/remove programs
    - Run the ZA removal tool
    - Reboot
    - Turn on windows xp firewall
    - Then look manually on the system for "checkpoint" folders. There is one in programs file and another in the hidden XP folder <DRIVE>:\Documents and Settings\<user account name>\Application Data
    - Download the last version of ZA here:
    Looking for the latest version?
    - Install ZA. Try to minimise any customisation especially at network level (moving trusted zone, etc).

If after the above you still have problems then best you contact directly the ZA technical support at the link in my signature and start troubleshooting the issue with them. They may need logs and information as part of this process.

Let us know if you manage to find a solution to your problem. It may help other users with similar issues.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: Internet connectivity lost after ZA has been running for a day or two, XPSp3

Sorry offtopic text and messages needed to go. Please stick to the issue and if not happy with users input please contact directly the ZA official support. It is free for registered users. Please note that it is holiday period in the US and support may be running on a limited bases.

Persistent offtopic remarks will be removed without further notice. In case of further abuse I will be forced to close the thread.

I thank you in advance for your understanding and support.

Fax

Unfortunately due to persistent abuse I am forced to close this thread. Please feel free to follow-up with the official support in troubleshooting your issue.

Thanks,
    Fax

Thread Information