Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Solved] Internet is At Risk

vico21 Guest

Smile [Solved] Internet is At Risk

Hi everybody, i`m from Spain ZOne Alarm Extrem security is showing Internet at Risk. It can`t be fixed with any of the two bottoms. Computer and Idenity & data Protected. ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version: 11.0.000.020 Vsmon version: 11.0.000.020 Driver version: 11.0.000.020 Antivirus engine version: 8.3.0.13 Antivirus signature DAT file version: 1099783584 AntiSpam version: 6.3.1.4971 ZoneAlarm Browser Security: 1.5.393.18 1.I`ve unistalled various times the program. And downloaded again from the link support gave me and in Internet explorer also, as well. http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...10_000_020.exe 2. I`ve used AppRemover.exe, WIch removed E_mUle. http://www.appremover.com/ 3. Clean.exe 4. Ccleaner. http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/slim And all issaid in the forums. Not work. I even did all the Virus Removal Resources in this page: http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...-resources.htm Took back a virus from my backup forum folder: Backdoor.php.remoteadmin.aq Everythis is clean now. and fine too. After 2 days. Is updated The program doesnt launch in Safe mode. It says initializing all the time. The program in normal mode keeps saying Internet is At risk: Your web Browser is vulnerable to dangerous downloads and pishing.

Default Re: Internet is At Risk

Hi!you seem having already tried several solutions, the best is now to troubleshoot directly with the official technical support as we are all users here. The link to ZA support is in my signature (look for the live chat link at the main ZA support site). Please let us know how you solved the problem. It may help other users. Btw, you have to boot with SAFE MODE with NETWORKING and then load ZA manually. Thanks, Fax
    Last edited by fax; December 13th, 2012 at 08:00 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

vico21 Guest

I did this: John S.: 1.) Click Start -> Run John S.: NOTE: If you do not have the Run option on the Start menu, you can press and hold the Windows logo key and tap the letter R . John S.: 2.) Type Msconfig in the run box John S.: 3.) Click OK John S.: 4.) Once in Msconfig, click the Startup Tab, and remove the checks from everything. John S.: 5.) Click the Service Tab, place a check in "Hide All Microsoft Services." Now remove checks from everything. John S.: 6.) Click OK John S.: 7.) Restart your computer Customer Support told. It did take Internet advice from Risk to protected. But when i un-install and reinstall the program again, as they say before that. It begins the same problem, using clean.exe as well. Theirč gonna investigate. And e-mail me. But the problem with the Internet "at Risk" is solved by doing the menzionated steps marked by numbers. Thanks

Thank you for the feedback. This seems to indicate that you are running a software at boot that conflicts with ZA. The issue is to find which one exactly. This is done by slowly putting back the "checks" in MSCONFIG up to when you find that ZA does not work anymore.

vico21 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    Thank you for the feedback. This seems to indicate that you are running a software at boot that conflicts with ZA. The issue is to find which one exactly. This is done by slowly putting back the "checks" in MSCONFIG up to when you find that ZA does not work anymore.
    The problem is that when i un-install and install it again it keepssendingthe problem: Internet is At risk. With all the unmarked items. Then, Once installed it, it shows zatray, Rocketdock and ctfmon again. Without permision, maybe is normal. Now it worls. But if i Uninstalleit and back again it will show At risk.

I am sorry I really cannot understand why you are uninstalling ZA. If by uninstalling you mean you put back MSCONFIG items back at default then its very normal. The issue cannot be troubleshooted by removing/installing ZA but by selecting/unselecting items in MSCONFIG to find the cause of the "risk".In any case better you continue with the official ZA support about your case.Thanks,Fax

vico21 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    I am sorry I really cannot understand why you are uninstalling ZA. If by uninstalling you mean you put back MSCONFIG items back at default then its very normal. The issue cannot be troubleshooted by removing/installing ZA but by selecting/unselecting items in MSCONFIG to find the cause of the "risk".In any case better you continue with the official ZA support about your case.Thanks,Fax
    I`m uninstalling the program Because support told me to do it after un marking the items. If i don`t uninstall and just unmark it works.

Ok, some progress . Now check back slowly (by group of 2 or 3) the unchecked items and see which program breaks ZA. Then inform support about it.

vico21 Guest

The items are two. The ones i told you up there in the last message, from the forum

Then please feedback support about it. I doubt the culprit is cftmon as it is a standard MS component. The culprit is likely the Rocketdock that may impact the ZA GUI. So, you should also report to Rocketdock development team. So, they can test it and verify its not just you.

Thanks,
    Fax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information