Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: [Solved] Cannot Open ZoneAlarm Free > Download latest version.

  1. #1
    Drup44 Guest

    Default [Solved] Cannot Open ZoneAlarm Free > Download latest version.

    Hi,
    Recently, ZoneAlarm blocked one of the programs I was using. So, to solve the problem, I tried to go and un-block it manually in ZoneAlarm interface.
    But, it acts in a pretty strange way... I cannot open the ZoneAlram window. The protection is on, but there's no way I can open it. ZoneAlarm is the only program who is deficient in that way on my computer, and this cannot be caused by a malware of any kind since I just made an A1 clean on my computer by an informatic technician.

    Could it be caused by a deficient version of ZoneAlarm?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The 3rd Coast - South Central Texas
    Posts
    10,461

    Default Re: Cannot Open ZoneAlarm

    Quote Originally Posted by Drup44 View Post
    Hi,
    Recently, ZoneAlarm blocked one of the programs I was using. So, to solve the problem, I tried to go and un-block it manually in ZoneAlarm interface.
    But, it acts in a pretty strange way... I cannot open the ZoneAlram window. The protection is on, but there's no way I can open it. ZoneAlarm is the only program who is deficient in that way on my computer, and this cannot be caused by a malware of any kind since I just made an A1 clean on my computer by an informatic technician.

    Could it be caused by a deficient version of ZoneAlarm?
    Hello;

    It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer it's Software and what type and Version of Zone Alarm that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

    *** NOTICE:

    Whenever posting here- or Contacting ZA Tech Support, it is always advisable to list Full details of your Computer:

    Please Give the Exact Type and version of Zone Alarm used, Windows Version & SP Update used, Browser type and version, any other security tools installed and type of router or Internet connection used.
    How do you connect to the Internet: Phone Line, Cable Modem, Router, Wifi, Blue Tooth, Osmosis?


    The More information you post the more likely users here will be able to understand the issue and try to help.

    any Error messages in the ZA logs?
    and what are the steps you took to reproduce the problem.

    also is this a DeskTop, Laptop computer or Netbook;

    what kind of Connection to the Internet do you have?

    Please List any other Security Programs installed as these programs may be conflicting with Zone Alarm.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security


    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

  3. #3
    Drup44 Guest

    Default Re: Cannot Open ZoneAlarm

    Zone Alarm version: 9.2.105.0 (Free Anti-Virus + Firewall)
    Windows type: Vista
    Browser: Google Chrome, Internet Explorer
    Other security programs: Malwarebytes, formerly Avast and Spybot
    Internet connection: Cable modem, using Cisco Valet router

    Sorry for being unclear; honnestly, I was expecting a simple answer similar to: ''The latest version of ZA is known to creat this kind of problem on certain version of Windows. Just update for an older version of ZoneAlarm.''

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The 3rd Coast - South Central Texas
    Posts
    10,461

    Default Re: Cannot Open ZoneAlarm

    Quote Originally Posted by Drup44 View Post
    Zone Alarm version: 9.2.105.0 (Free Anti-Virus + Firewall)
    Windows type: Vista
    Browser: Google Chrome, Internet Explorer
    Other security programs: Malwarebytes, formerly Avast and Spybot
    Internet connection: Cable modem, using Cisco Valet router

    Sorry for being unclear; honnestly, I was expecting a simple answer similar to: ''The latest version of ZA is known to creat this kind of problem on certain version of Windows. Just update for an older version of ZoneAlarm.''
    Hi;

    Very old versions of Zone Alarm are no longer supported
    the Current Supported Zone Alarm is Version 11.0.000.038

    Keep your Computer up to date with Latest Updates, Computers are Expensive pieces of equipment. For the same reasons that you lock your home and car (to keep others out), you need to have some type of latest version of a Firewall & Antivirus protection on your computer. There is an Arms race out there between Malware producers and Antivirus software producers. and the War Escalates Hourly.



    2.) Download latest version of ZoneAlarm

    http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...10&action=view <=click here
    Last edited by GeorgeV; January 4th, 2013 at 08:15 AM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security


    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

  5. #5
    Drup44 Guest

    Default Re: Cannot Open ZoneAlarm

    Updated, but same problem still occurs. (restarted too)
    Need any more information?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Posts
    1,643

    Default Re: Cannot Open ZoneAlarm

    Quote Originally Posted by Drup44 View Post
    Updated, but same problem still occurs. (restarted too)
    Need any more information?
    Follow Guru GeorgeV instruction for a clean install :

    http://www.zonealarm.com/forums/show...535#post295535

    Feature-specific requirements :

    Browser security requirements

    Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10

    Firefox 17.0.1

    Have a nice Day

  7. #7
    Drup44 Guest

    Default Re: Cannot Open ZoneAlarm Free

    Awesome!

    The problem was simply that wasn't updating it the right way. (I was taking the easy way out.)

    And, between, my version of ZoneAlarm wasn't old. Since I couldn't open the interface, I tried to find it in ''Downloaded files''.
    Because I was just running it, not installing it, it wasn't in the file. I only found an older version in the list, and I thought it was the right one (huge mistake here).

    Thanks all!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. [SOLVED] ZA Suite & ZoneAlarm Security Engine --> Updated ZA to latest version
    By Pierre22 in forum Web Security/Security Toolbar/Do Not Track
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: November 19th, 2011, 03:03 AM
  2. [SOLVED] Suspicious update ! --> Update to latest free version
    By Darklord666 in forum ZoneAlarm Free Firewall
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: July 14th, 2011, 08:08 AM
  3. What is the latest version of Zonealarm Free?
    By joe935 in forum ZoneAlarm Free Firewall
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: April 1st, 2011, 06:04 PM
  4. Download Latest Free ZoneAlarm Version
    By charleyc in forum ZoneAlarm Installation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: April 15th, 2010, 09:51 AM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: October 27th, 2007, 10:03 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •