Thread: Error Code 127 on ZA Free 10.1.079.000 using full installer

Angry Error Code 127 on ZA Free 10.1.079.000 using full installer

Hey all ...

This LAN file server PC has a Cyrix MII (6x86MX) CPU (runs at 233MHz, 300MHz Intel equivalency) on an Intel 82439TX (430TX System Controller)-based Hsing Tech Enterprise mainboard with 256MB of SDRAM that is running XP Pro SP2.

(FYI - the machine is only exposed to the internet sporadically, to obtain various s/w updates, so, the latest, greatest ZA Free firewall is not absolutely necessary)

The machine had ZA Free 5.5.062.011 on it and I tried to upgrade to ZA Free 10.1.079.000.

Now I'm getting Error Code 127 (236f47a), ... vsmon.exe --> VSDATA.dll not found and Error Code 127 (236f85a), (236f792), (236f856) errors ... due to the age and limitations of the PC ... I think. I've tried resuming the installation after various restarts ... I don't think it's going to happen.

Is there a way to get this 10.1.079.000 version to install on this particular machine, or, should I clean(.exe) things up and try installing an older version of ZA Free?

If the latter, is there a systematic method of determining the highest ZA Free version that this machine is capable of supporting (based on machine architecture / capabilities)?

I have almost every previous version of ZA Free archived locally, so, I don't need to worry about obtaining the appropriate installer, I likely already have it.

Thanks, FFF

Default Re: Error Code 127 on ZA Free 10.1.079.000 using full installer

Quote Originally Posted by frankenstien View Post
    Hey all ...

This LAN file server PC has a Cyrix MII (6x86MX) CPU (runs at 233MHz, 300MHz Intel equivalency) on an Intel 82439TX (430TX System Controller)-based Hsing Tech Enterprise mainboard with 256MB of SDRAM that is running XP Pro SP2.
    Unfortunately your system doesn't meet the ZoneAlarm system requirements as they require 1 GHz processor and 1 GB of RAM on Win XP, also they don't support servers.
    Here is a link to their system requirements page
    http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en..._utmk=44420327
    http://support.zonealarm.com for ZoneAlarm Live Chat.

Unhappy Re: Error Code 127 on ZA Free 10.1.079.000 using full installer

Hello Originally Posted by frankenstien;

Im Sorry, but your Computer and Motherboard do not meet the Minimum
    System Requirements for any version of Zone Alarm later than Ver. 5 or ver. 6?

Microsoft Windows, XP SP2 or
    SP3 Home / Professional

• 32-bit, 1GB RAM
    • 1 GHz or faster processor
    • 250MB of available hard-disk space

While it may look like everything is running fine you could have a security hole that was patched in newer versions of ZA.

There nothing stopping you to keep the same software running but if you have any questions or problem you will not get any help from the forum because they are not a support version.

If you decide to upgrade you need to look at the system requirements of the latest version. They have changed since these version and require more memory and possibly more CPU power than your PC's have.

We no longer support any version older than ZA 11.x you will have to find another Firewall vendor for an up to date security solution that supports your old computer with only 256mb of ram and slow CPU.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; February 3rd, 2013 at 08:41 AM.

Thread Information