Thread: ZA Free installation

hhallman Guest

Question ZA Free installation

I tried to install ZA free, during the installation, the truevector service repeatedly crashes out, and after rebooting it still crashes and I cannot open the ZA user interface.
    Errors in windows application log:
    Faulting application vsmon.exe, version 8.0.298.0, time stamp 0x499910e8, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 6.0.6002.18005, time stamp 0x49e037dd, exception code 0xa3410004, fault offset 0x0003fbae, process id 0x140c, application start time 0x01ca415fa1ceb920.

Faulting application zlclient.exe, version 8.0.298.0, time stamp 0x499910e9, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 6.0.6002.18005, time stamp 0x49e037dd, exception code 0xa3410004, fault offset 0x0003fbae, process id 0x6b0, application start time 0x01ca415f5d79f3b6.

PC Info:
    Intel Pentium Quad Core
    2 GB Ram
    Vista Business 32-bit
    Avast free AV

hhallman Guest

Unhappy Re: ZA Free installation

Haven't heard anything. Is this issue really bad or is it because I'm using the free version of ZoneAlarm?

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: ZA Free installation

1- Remove leftover/ incomplete ZA install by...

A) For XP/ 2000 users - Click here > I cannot find or run the ZoneAlarm uninstall program (XP/2000)

B) Try ZA Removal Tool - XP/ 2000/ Vista - click here > http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe

C) For Vista users - Click here > I cannot find or run the ZoneAlarm uninstall program (Vista)

One important tip: You can try this: just prior to new downloading attempt, on your current/ old ZoneAlarm firewall > Overview> Preferences > General -> Uncheck the box for > 'Load ZoneAlarm at startup' > click once, wait - it may take a few
    seconds for it to register, but it will clear the box
    Please restart/ reboot.

(this helps prevents some 'true vector / vsmon.exe' issues - "needs to be shut-down...") when upgrading.
    __________________________________________________ ________

Questions: you list Avast av - good, what was the previous firewall or pre-installed security software that first came with this pc? If Norton or McAfee - did you use their 'Removal Tool' for proper un-install?
    __________________________________________________ ___

2 -Tips for installing ZA Free:
    - use this link to install > http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html
    - save to desktop ~~[sometimes it works better to 'run']
    - better to use IE7 or IE8 instead of Firefox for install
    - don't use download managers or web accelerators
    - in your browser put " download.zonelarm.com " in trusted site and in 'pop-up blocker settings' as allowed
    - in browser security settings they should be at 'default' levels (if you had raised them)
    - if you have high speed internet, with the 'saved ZA install' ready - you may 'temporarily' lower the real-time shields of Avast av or 'dis-able' Avast alltogether - as Avast 'may be' hindering proper install. If done quickly, you should be at no/ low risk.
    Last edited by naivemelody; October 5th, 2009 at 05:38 PM.

Thread Information