Thread: Don't want to see "Not A Virus" + "Ignore Always" doesn't < Install new Update

Hybrid View

dbareis Guest

Angry Don't want to see "Not A Virus" + "Ignore Always" doesn't < Install new Update

Hi,

I get a fair few "Not a Virus" "viruses" first off I don't want to see them, is there any way to prevent this, as its name suggests this is not a virus and I expect them

to be there.

If I use "Ignore Always", it does seem to remember that for a while then forgets it so I periodically have to select them all (and where is the "select all") and say to

"Ignore Always".

Bye,
    Dennis

P.S. I've done the captcha bit a million times now as it keeps presenting new ones even though it shows a tick for sucessful completion. I('ve now had to abort the

previous attempt as neither submit nor preview buttons work and no error messages presnted (and captcha happy). Current Chrome Browser.

Default Re: Don't want to see "Not A Virus" + "Ignore Always" doesn't

Right click the ZA icon near the clock, about, copy to clipboard, paste it here.
    It's always important to give a minimum of information to users here to help them providing you the best help possible. Depending on the version used different options are available.

Please note that if ZA is asking again for permissions there are only two explanations. The software popping up got an update and is not anymore recognised by ZA. Or ZA database are corrupted and need reset.

Please also note that "not a vvirus" threads may also include particularly pestering spyware/adware/Riskware. I would not disable it, if I was you.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

dbareis Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    Right click the ZA icon near the clock, about, copy to clipboard, paste it here.
    It's always important to give a minimum of information to users here to help them providing you the best help possible. Depending on the version used different options are available.

Please note that if ZA is asking again for permissions there are only two explanations. The software popping up got an update and is not anymore recognised by ZA. Or ZA database are corrupted and need reset.

Please also note that "not a vvirus" threads may also include particularly pestering spyware/adware/Riskware. I would not disable it, if I was you.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Hi,

The version is 10.x as per my profile, here is the copied information:

ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall version: 10.2.078.000
    Vsmon version: 10.2.078.000
    Driver version: 10.0.217.000
    Antivirus engine version: 8.2.11.97
    Antivirus signature DAT file version: 1110079520
    Web Identity Protections version: 1.5.396.0

These files are not being created, moved or manipulated in any way. Not sure about all but a lot of them are in untouched (at least content wise) zip files.

Is ZA database corrupted a common issue? I could not find a reset DB option.

Thanks
    Dennis

May I suggest you install the latest ZA version which link you find at the main ZA support site? (The link is in my signature). First remove your current ZA then install the latest. May I also suggest you have a look at the ZA user manual? From the main ZA interface you will need to push on tools, help, help.

In the user manual you will find many useful information such as how to reset the ZA settings (ZA tools, preferences, reset to defaults).

Try to familiarise with ZA, read other posts here, they contain often the same questions you are posting. And to exclude all not a virus detections just UNcheck 'riskware' in the advance settings of the antivirus sections.

May I also suggest you exclude those zip files from the on-demand ZA scanner. You find detailed instruction on how to exclude threats under the antivirus section of this board (false positive sticky post)

Thanks,
    Fax

dbareis Guest

Thanks I have now installed the new version. If there was a new version I would have expected to be informed of this just as it was connecting and getting definition updates. Hopefully the new ZA version works better.

I know I can "add exceptions", however the app doesn't provide any help to do so, if any case "ignore always" didn't add them here itself either. Hopefully the new version works better also. I did search the forum for this information.

I'd prefer to pick issues up once then the AV to work correctly and remember my ignore always choices. I'll see how the new version goes.

I will read the sticky post you mentioned.

The captcha thing on this site is touch and go working, again submit button not working has a tick on the captcha but the image is rescrambled...

Thanks

You're welcome!

Please read the main support site KB for automatic update or search the board for an answer. It has been posted here many times before.

I have no issue whatsoever with captcha so I cannot help.

Thanks,
    Fax

Thread Information