Thread: [SOLVED] ZoneAlarm Free installs, but when restarted....

Threaded View

Quentin Guest

Default [SOLVED] ZoneAlarm Free installs, but when restarted....

Re: Zone Alarm 2013 zafwSetupWeb_110_000_038(1).exe

1. I have a laptop, Intel core 2 duo 2 gigahertz, 4 Mb Ram, Windows XP 3, Zone Alarm 10.1.101.000.

2. A popup invited me to upgrade to Zone Alarm 2013.

3. I downloaded zafwSetupWeb_110_000_038(1).exe and proceeded with the installation.

4. Following installation, I restarted my computer, the Welcome logo came up, and following this the screen went black. After a few minutes, the screen saver came up. As there appeared to be hard disk movement, I waited for a further five minutes.

5. The mouse cursor moved on the screen, but there was no reaction to left or right clicks on the mouse controller. There was no reaction to the pressing of the Windows key.

6. As nothing appear to be happening, I shut down and rebooted and tried loading "the last known good configuration. I got the same results as numbers 4 and 5 above.

7. As nothing appeared to be happening, I shut down and re-booted into safe mode. The safe mode desktop came up and everything appeared to work.

8. I shut down and re-booted normally, but got the same results as shown in paragraphs numbers 4 and 5 above.

9. I restored my original drive C from backup and everything worked as prior to the installation .

10. I repeated the installation of zafwSetupWeb_110_000_038(1).exe, but got the same results as shown above.

There is obviously something wrong with the set-up program zafwSetupWeb_110_000_038(1).exe that gives this peculiar result.

This is to let you know the problem so that you can fix it.

Quentin Crivon
    ~~snip~~
    Last edited by GeorgeV; January 14th, 2013 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Do Not Post Email Adress in this Public Forum

Thread Information