Thread: Constant "Packet from {internet IP address} (TPC Port xxxx) to 192.168.2.9 blocked"

rob00 Guest

Default Constant "Packet from {internet IP address} (TPC Port xxxx) to 192.168.2.9 blocked"

Zone Alarm Free v.11 constantly popups alerts on my screen stating that "Packet from {an internet IP address} (TPC Port xxxx) to 192.168.2.9 (TCP Port xxxx) was blocked." Although I appreciate ZA is doing its job, this raises 2 concerns:

1. How come a computer with an eastern europe IP address is able to see my computer and attempt to send me a packet? I thought ZA make my computer invisible in stealth mode. Shield's Up confirms that all my ports are stealth, and ZA states that everything is working properly and that I am protected. What give?

2. Is there a way to silently block these intruding packets? Is there a setting in the options menu to prevent these continuous alert pop-ups? I do want ZA to keep blocking these intruding packets, but it is very disrupting when 20 to 40 alerts pop up every few minutes. I can't type anything or watch a movie without these interruptions when the alerts start up.

Thank you for any help or suggestion.

Default Re: Constant "Packet from {internet IP address} (TPC Port xxxx) to 192.168.2.9 blocke

Quote Originally Posted by rob00 View Post
    Zone Alarm Free v.11 constantly popups alerts on my screen stating that "Packet from {an internet IP address} (TPC Port xxxx) to 192.168.2.9 (TCP Port xxxx) was blocked." Although I appreciate ZA is doing its job, this raises 2 concerns:

1. How come a computer with an eastern europe IP address is able to see my computer and attempt to send me a packet? I thought ZA make my computer invisible in stealth mode. Shield's Up confirms that all my ports are stealth, and ZA states that everything is working properly and that I am protected. What give?

2. Is there a way to silently block these intruding packets? Is there a setting in the options menu to prevent these continuous alert pop-ups? I do want ZA to keep blocking these intruding packets, but it is very disrupting when 20 to 40 alerts pop up every few minutes. I can't type anything or watch a movie without these interruptions when the alerts start up.

Thank you for any help or suggestion.

Using SmartDefense Advisor and Hacker ID

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/in..._hackerid.html

Managing Alerts and Logs

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/in...s_summary.html

You might also want to read at the bottom.In This Section : from Managing Alerts and Logs

This might help you find your answers : From ZoneAlarm Help Center

How do I read the ZoneAlarm log files?

http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...22&action=view

Note :This is all the info I can provide since I have never used the free version.Sorry

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; January 15th, 2013 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Typo

rob00 Guest

Default Re: Constant "Packet from {internet IP address} (TPC Port xxxx) to 192.168.2.9 blocke

Thanks for the reply. I'll give them a try.

Thread Information