Thread: [CONFLICT] ZoneAlarm prevents Metatrader 5 from working

Michelasso Guest

Default [CONFLICT] ZoneAlarm prevents Metatrader 5 from working

Hello everybody,
    I have just installed ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall 2013. After that I have installed Metatrader 5, a well-known application for trading online on the Forex market (http://www.metaquotes.net/en/metatrader5). This application comes in two versions, 32 and 64 bit, an by default on a 64 bit windows system the first one is installed, as in my case. After installing it, when I tried to launch it I got the following error message: The procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library user32.dll.

Since in another pc without ZoneAlarm the same application was working without problems, I immediately imagined that the problem was related to it, and so I experimented a while with settings: disabling firewall had no effect, and also quitting completely ZoneAlarm. Only after I completely uninstalled ZoneAlarm I could make Metatrader 5 to work again.
    I did then another experiment: following some suggestions I found on the web for a similar problem, I installed the 32-bit version of Metatrader 5, and in this case the application starts without problems even with ZoneAlarm installed and running.

I already reported this problem to Metatrader 5 developer, but I think that also ZoneAlarm developers should be concerned about this issue sine Metatrader 5 is quite widespread among Forex traders.

Default Re: ZoneAlarm prevents Metatrader 5 from working

Thank you for your report. Please note we are all users here and ZAfree offers no official support. ZA support does not read always this forum, therefore no insurance your message will be reaching them.

If anyone with a ZA license using Metatrade 5 have the same problem please report directly to ZA technical support to be escalated to development.

The best would be for Metatrade developers to contact directly ZA after having done some troubleshooting.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information