Thread: Trying to conserve the remaining days of my old subscription

Default Trying to conserve the remaining days of my old subscription

I've renewed my license increasing the number of PC's, from 1 to 3. This implies a new license key that I've already got, although I haven't introduced it in any PC yet, because I would lose the 62 days my current (old) subscription has left, wouldn't I?

If I had foreseen this problem I would have renewed later but this is what I've done.

The secondary PC for which this increase in the number of PC's was, has lived years w/o ZA so it can wait 62 days more.

My concern is: can I wait that long? Can a license key be activated 2 months (say 60 days) after its purchase?

Alternatively (the "perfect plan"): could I install it now in my main PC only, and get its days of validity added to the old's 62 ones, provided that I don't install it in any other PC during those 62 days (in which case the new key would have to start its life and I'd lose days of the old one)?

Default Re: Trying to conserve the remaining days of my old subscription

Quote Originally Posted by factor View Post
    I've renewed my license increasing the number of PC's, from 1 to 3. This implies a new license key that I've already got, although I haven't introduced it in any PC yet, because I would lose the 62 days my current (old) subscription has left, wouldn't I?

If I had foreseen this problem I would have renewed later but this is what I've done.

The secondary PC for which this increase in the number of PC's was, has lived years w/o ZA so it can wait 62 days more.

My concern is: can I wait that long? Can a license key be activated 2 months (say 60 days) after its purchase?

Alternatively (the "perfect plan"): could I install it now in my main PC only, and get its days of validity added to the old's 62 ones, provided that I don't install it in any other PC during those 62 days (in which case the new key would have to start its life and I'd lose days of the old one)?
    Best thing to do is Live Chat.Since they can give you the correct information your requesting.

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Have a nice Day

Hello;

We are all Users here in this Forum..
    Customer Support does not monitor this Forum..

I can Give you my best Answer:

1.) on all Multiple User License Keys..

it does not start to Expire until you Activate it on the First Cumputer that it is installed on, this will also be the Effective Activation Date for all three Computers using the same Key.. So the Expiration Count down clock starts when activated for the first time..

2.) contact the Non-Technical Support Live Chat link about losing or keeping your remaining days on the old key,

However, if it is a Different Key, since you upgraded to a Multiple User Key, they nay not be able to transfer single user days to Multiple User days?

Good Luck..

Let us know what you find out, it may help other users with the same issue..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thanks. Well, at the live chat they've told me that I can "wait to activate the key to whenever", so that's fine. I didn't bother asking about the other solution, likely both kinds of days (1-PC days and 3-PC ones) cannot be mixed in one count.

Quote Originally Posted by factor View Post
    Thanks. Well, at the live chat they've told me that I can "wait to activate the key to whenever", so that's fine. I didn't bother asking about the other solution, likely both kinds of days (1-PC days and 3-PC ones) cannot be mixed in one count.
    Your welcome;

Thank you for taking the time to report back..

Hello,

I think you did not represent the situation to the Chat support staff correctly.

I say this because You say here that your renewed.

When you renew all your doing is adding time to an existing license.

The clock is already ticking on that renewed license. So not using it wont save your days at all.

BUT if you purchased a new product and received a new license key then what support told you was correct.

So there is a big difference between Renewed license and purchasing a new product and getting a new totally different license key.

Forum Moderator.

I actually got a new totally different license key, although through the renewal mechanism (link "Renew" of zonealarm dot com main page), not through the new purchase one (like the button "buy now" of the same page).

I have reviewed past threads about this topic. A few users complained about losing days from the old subscription/key after entering a new key. One advised to wait till the last day to enter the new key as a general rule. One that eventually recovered the lost days via technical support, was told at first that he shouldn't have entered the key so soon if he wanted to benefit the days left in the old key.

I recall that years ago you were given a new key in every renewal. I never had problems myself entering the new key somewhat in advance and getting the new days added to the old ones (w/o variation in the subscription characteristics like now). You could see both keys installed in the ZA panel/window about it during the said days. Afterwards the system was changed so that you conserve the key in renewals like now, and I've used my old key for 3 or 4 years with 2 or 3 renewals in between.

But I changed the number of users what seems to force a new key (I neither have designed the system nor know the exact "mechanical" reason, but it looks reasonable to me). The web (https) order confirmation page and the email have this new key and say "if you've changed the number of user licenses: copy and paste your new license key into the product that's currently installed on your PC". Isn't this like purchasing a new product?

My chat session with tech support:

me: I've renewed my ZA Internet Security Suite license increasing the number of PC's, from 1 to 3. This implies a new license key that I've already got, since January 28 2013, although I haven't introduced it in any PC yet, because I would lose the 62 days my current (old) subscription has left, wouldn't I? The number of PC's increase was to install ZAISS in another PC I've got here, but it can wait, it's not urgent. I'd rather wait 60 or 61 days to install the new 3-PC's key in my 1st computer, and ZAISS with the same key in my 2nd computer, so that I don't leave days of my old 1-PC key unused. Is this possible? Can I activate a license key (enter it the first time) two months after its purchase?

tech: Sorry for the troubles.
    tech: Though yes you can wait to activate the key to whenever.

me: Thanks then. I'll activate it by the end of March.

tech: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

me: No thanks, question resolved. Bye.

tech: Have a good day.

Thanks for the clarification

Then what support told you was correct based on you receiving a new license key.

Forum Moderator

Thread Information