Thread: [SOLVED] Registry handles leaked by ZAForceField ISWSVC.exe - Fix?

Hybrid View

lydialanguish Guest

Default [SOLVED] Registry handles leaked by ZAForceField ISWSVC.exe - Fix?

Hi Everyone,

I just went through a few days of trying to get this problem fixed. I had the same problem with ~~snip~~ security tools and other firewalls and antivirus products. ~~snip~~

Now after installing ZA Free Firewall I get 6 registry handler leaks from ISWSVC.exe.

Any fixes or others with this problem?

I'm using Vista x64 Premium. ~~snip~~ My computer is clean, no malware or other problems.

Thanks very much.
    Last edited by fax; February 1st, 2013 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Sorry mentioning of commercial products / competition is against ToS

Default Re: Registry handles leaked by ZAForceField ISWSVC.exe - Fix?

Hi!
    I guess it is by design as normally these "leakes" are not linked to any ill effects or impacts on the system (just warnings in the log) and common to many products as you have also experienced. I am afraid the only way to know if this is by design or not is to contact ZA development team. They do not read this board (we are all users here) and ZAfree offers no official support.

If you happen to have a valid license you can contact, free of charge, the official support at the link in my signature.

Sorry,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; February 1st, 2013 at 07:48 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

lydialanguish Guest

Thanks so much for your reply. I 'fixed' the leaks by uninstalling ZAForceField though I don't think a product should be 'fixed' by removing part of it There is a simple 'how to' on the forum.

Registry handler leaks can become a major problem as they did in my case. Depending on what and how many, Windows can get slower and more useless as time goes by forcing reboots. That can get pretty annoying. Not comfortable with anything from my computer leaking anywhere either.

So uninstalling the ZAForceField will do the trick. Not all AVs and Firewalls have the problem.

Have a great weekend!
    Last edited by fax; February 1st, 2013 at 11:37 PM. Reason: commercial products

There are no plans to fix anything to do with Forcefield technology. We are slowly replacing that technology with new.

Forum Moderator
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

As you seem have found a solution to the supposed problem then we can close the thread. For other users here please be aware that is not recommended to remove parts of ZA as ZA may not behave correctly. If you have problems with ZA better to opt for another solution that works well for your system than cut/block/remove its components.

Thanks,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information