Thread: Outgoing IP blocked

Larry Guest

Default Outgoing IP blocked

New User here. I have seen a few log entries for outgoing IP's being blocked. Is there a way to identify which program on my PC that is causing these attempts to connect to the internet?

Default Re: Outgoing IP blocked

Hi!
    if you cannot guess from the "more info" in the logs you could try it with Microsoft TCPView: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s...rnals/bb897437

Fax
    P.S. If you are not on the latest build (11.0.000.057) update to it: http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...e-download.htm
    In previous build I have also seen blocked IPs but they look more as ZA firewall bugs. The latest build seems silent.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Larry Guest

tks for the reply. I updated as you suggested and will see what happens.
    Have a ? about that though. When I tried to update from the system tray it said that .38 was the latest version. Yet when I went to the web site I got the .57 version. Why is that?

Larry Guest

Another question about the blocks. Why is ZA not asking me if I want to allow the connection?

Sort of million $ question. Not sure how to answer. Unsolicited calls (outgoing/incoming) are blocked without user been asked as per internal rule(s). If you want your ZA to be more chatting then you need to go in the tools --> log --> Alert events and tick on "alert".

When you want to allow a connection (in case of the firewall section: a specific IP) then you right click on the alert and you create a rule for it.

I hope I manage to answer, I am not a connection expert unfortunately. Hopefully other users browsing this thread may give better answers

Larry Guest

I have every box checked.

and? Have you checked with TCPviewer to understand better what is happening. Check well the timing. Silent blocking may be normal if unsolicited calls are received (unsolicited=incoming or outgoing data without been requested or timed out).

If you feel that the data should be allowed then add the IP to the trusted zone. Blocking may also depend on how your ZA firewall zone are setup.

Sorry I cannot add more than what already said. May be other user reading this thread (if you provide sufficient information) may be able to help.

Thanks,
    Fax

Larry Guest

I did install the TCPviewer but this is way over my head. Too much that I did not understand.

I would just like to get ZA screwed down so that it shows me every outgoing request so I can get a handle on what program is requesting these connections.

I appreciate your reply's and as you said, hopefully someone will have an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    New User here.
    Seems to me as many questions you have about ZoneAlarm, you might want to explore the features and options in ZoneAlarm.This is a good place to start.

ZoneAlarm Help Center : You can use the Search > Contents > Index tabs to find answers to your questions.

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/in...2&dest=support

Note : Some features are only in premium protucts.

Footnote : Using Search & Advanced Search in the Forum itself can produce some solutions/answers also.

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; February 5th, 2013 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Added info

Thread Information