I had a bad virus attack last night. My tech had shifted me over to MS Security Essentials after many years with ZoneAlarm - and obviously MS isn't worth much, since the virus disabled it. My old copy of ZA had been uninstalled, so I had to use an old copy of MalWareBytes to get rid of the virus (I hope) and then purchased a new copy of ZA, even though my license doesn't expire until September.

I've tried to install ZA and even followed all the steps about cleaning, getting rid of other anti-virus software, etc. However, every time I double click the ZA Install file, I get a message that says:

"The ordinal 1110 could not be located in the dynamic link library WSOCK32.dll".

So I don't know if I have corrupted WSOCK files - and what to do about that if I have - or if this is a ZoneAlarm issue.

And to add insult to injury, I've tried to use LiveChat Multiple times, but it doesn't seem to be working - I get a partial screen and when I hit enter or start chat, it tells me to fill out a form which is not there.

Hope someone can help me out here - really don't like running the computer all day on the Internet without protection.

Thanks,

Clark