Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [SOLVED] Error 1603 Installing Version 11

Default Re: Error 1603 Installing Version 11

I was able to Delete zlavscan.dll by booting into Safe Mode and Logging in as Admin then Rename zlavscan.dll to x.dll, reboot to normal mode and user then Delete x.dll. I then ran the MSI installer "http download zonealarm com bin free downloads v_11_0_000_038 ZoneAlarm.msi" . It cleaned up the remaining files and registry and Installed a minimum Zonealarm, no Icon, no active program, but there was an entry in Add Remove Programs. I rebooted and then used Add Remove Programs to Uninstall this Zonealarm. Then ran Clean.exe just to make sure, everything clean & ok. I d/l the most recent Free Antivirus+Firewall Ver 11.0.0.57 It was only 8MB and the Install failed the same way as the original automatic install with Error 1619. There was a Resume install Icon and an Entry in Add Remove Programs so I tried the Uninstall, it seemed to work ok but on the Restart the Zonealarm Resume automaticly ran again and it Failed again with Error 1619. I repeated the Uninstall but this time used Ccleaner to remove the Zonealarm Resume from the Startup group then Restarted. The Resume Icon was still there, so I ran Clean.exe and Restarted again. I checked the Files and Registry and could not find any for Zonealarm. I then d/l Ver 11.0.0.54 "http download zonealarm com bin free support download zaSetup_110_000_054.exe" it was 269MB and it Installed perfectly. After getting the virus updates ran a full scan with no errors. I would say that the most recent Ver 11.0.0.57 is flawed and is failing to d/l the data for the remaining part of the Install. Ver 11.0.0.54 works perfectly.

Yes, that was known and, in fact, the first answer to you suggested to install build 54 and not 57 . Anyway, since the issue is resolved I will revise thread title and closing it.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default RE: Error 1603 Installing Version 11

If it is known that 11.0.0.57 will not Install why is it still being offered for Download as the current Free Product?

Default Re: [SOLVED] Error 1603 Installing Version 11

Please do not duplicate threads, use PM instead to have it added to the relevant discussion. For this case even better to search the board before posting as this has already been addessed here: error code 127 and 1603

This will additionally save time for volunteers here to edit, move, replace posts.

Thanks,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Quote Originally Posted by Oldnslow View Post
    If it is known that 11.0.0.57 will not Install why is it still being offered for Download as the current Free Product?

Its only an issue if your upgrading or the pc at one time had a previous version installed at some point and time.

On new brand new installs its not an issue at all.

FYI On our support downloads page we don't offer this version.

Support has no control over what is offered on the main website as far as new or trial downloads.
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information