Thread: ZA Ser. Suite Firmwall and Windows Home Server 2011 error messages after updates

Exclamation ZA Ser. Suite Firmwall and Windows Home Server 2011 error messages after updates

After Windows Update Tuesday (2/12/13), something has changed with Windows Home Server 2011 that we use as a backup server. ZoneAlarm Firewall now does not show up as being the active firewall, while it shows that Windows Firewall is turned off. I think that this is a Microsoft problem, but I wanted to know if you have any sugguestions or need to be aware of this problem.
    Windows home server gives a "Serious Warning" that one or more important Windows services are not working. The service is Windows Firewall. They give directions to start the service, but it does not work. Did Microsoft corrupt my ZA Firewall settings?
    Thank you,
    Butch

Default Re: ZA Ser. Suite Firmwall and Windows Home Server 2011 error messages after updates

Hello,

Microsoft Home server is not a supported OS platform for any ZA product.

We don't test or QA using that OS so there is no support for it.

ZoneAlarm Support Dept will not support this either.

But if other users wish to help they can but if your not able to resolve this then you will need to find a new firewall solution that support this OS.

Forum Moderator
    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: ZA Ser. Suite Firmwall and Windows Home Server 2011 error messages after updates

I understand there is no ZA support for Windows Home Server. I am just wandering about on the client computer with ZA Sercurity Suite, the Server is suggesting that Windows Firewall is turned off, when before ZA Firewall was entered as the firewall. In other words, after Windows 7 Updates, ZA Firewall was not recognized as running on the client computer. Just seeing if there was any others that have had this problem or if you have any suggestions or needed to be aware of a possible problem.
    Butch

Thread Information