Thread: [SOLVED] Z Search page

Default [SOLVED] Z Search page

The Z search page has become my default browser page, overriding my existing setting. I did not consciously permit this. All attempts to reset this have failed to remove the Z page. How do i get rid of it?

Default Re: Z Search page

Quote Originally Posted by James Peters View Post
    The Z search page has become my default browser page, overriding my existing setting. I did not consciously permit this. All attempts to reset this have failed to remove the Z page. How do i get rid of it?
    Hello;

The Very first Post at the top of the ZA FREE section my explain your problem..

MUST select search box and default home page choices to install?

Thanks, that's good to know. I'll try not to get fooled next time.

But how do I get rid of the Z search page now? I've reset Home Page under Tools-Options-General, but Z won't leave.

First I would check under xp add/remove programs of you see a Zone Alarm toolbar entry, and remove it. If not, remove ZA and reinstall it as already suggested.

Let us know which solution worked!

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thanks. Dumping the toolbar did the trick. Another mental note: Make sure not to get toolbar. I didn't really want it anyway. Too many programs want us to take their toolbars.

Suggestion to ZA: Make it explicitly clear what we are accepting when we click, and don't rig it so we can't reset options on our computers. Then we won't be thinking about getting a different firewall, and we won't need to assemble so many little images.

Cool Re: Z Search page

Quote Originally Posted by James Peters View Post
    Thanks. Dumping the toolbar did the trick. Another mental note: Make sure not to get toolbar. I didn't really want it anyway. Too many programs want us to take their toolbars.

Suggestion to ZA: Make it explicitly clear what we are accepting when we click, and don't rig it so we can't reset options on our computers. Then we won't be thinking about getting a different firewall, and we won't need to assemble so many little images.
    I guess a Big wide display notice was not Explicitly Clear for you?

Hello,

Yes you can opt out of any changes to the browsers homepage or default search by clicking on "Skip All Offers" on the install screen as shown below.

I looked at that display notice. Probably my problem was that I didn't know what "all offers" was. Now I do: Z search default home page which won't reset in options. There are so many things i need to learn! Like when they say Internet Explorer, it also applies to FireFox.

Woops, I need to assemble another image. I'm just not quick enough.
    Last edited by James Peters; February 23rd, 2013 at 04:39 PM.

Thank you for taking the time to report back.
    I am closing this thread since the issue is resolved.

Do not hesitate to open a new thread for any other issues you may have or PM in case you need to reopen this thread.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information