Thread: [SOLVED] Strange behavior, error message in ZoneAlarm

Default [SOLVED] Strange behavior, error message in ZoneAlarm

Clicking on e-mail contacts in websites that should open my e-mail-client, ZoneAlarm instead opens an error message that says (translated from German): "Problem starting C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField\Plugins\ISWVEXT.dll. The indicated module was not found". (See attachment).

What's wrong in ZoneAlarm, how can I get rid of that problem?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Strange behavior, error message in ZoneAlarm

Hello,

This is an error from our web security component which uses an old Forcefield components for the Site Check functionality.

We are in the process of removing the old Forcefield components that cause many issues for users. But this wont be available until the next major release which we do not have an ETA on besides it will be this year.

The only advise we can give is that you turn off the Web security in ZoneAlarm, reboot your PC. Then see if you still have an issue with your web email.

if you do still have problems then go to your Control panel and Programs & features (add/remove programs in XP) and uninstall the ZoneAlarm toolbar and Do Not Track. DNT only is available with the toolbar so there no need to leave it installed if you uninstall the toolbar.

Then reboot and try your web email again.

Forum Moderator
    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by Forum-Moderator View Post
    ... This is an error from our web security component which uses an old Forcefield components for the Site Check functionality... snip ...

The only advise we can give is that you turn off the Web security in ZoneAlarm, reboot your PC. Then see if you still have an issue with your web email.

...if you do still have problems then go to your Control panel and Programs & features and uninstall the ZoneAlarm toolbar and Do Not Track.
    Good to hear that you are aware of this problem.

I'm actually not trying to write in a webmail form but to open my mail client by clicking onto an e-mail-address in a website. Does this not make a difference?

Please tell me where exactly in ZoneAlarm I can turn off the Web Security in ZoneAlarm. I have version 11.0.000.057.

I have already uninstalled (or probably never installed) the ZoneAlarm toolbar.

Default Problem solved!

Uninstalling version 11 of ZoneAlarm and installing version 10 not only solved this problem but many issues with add-ons and the more that I had within Firefox 19. Quite a shame for ZoneAlarm that I so far was always very satisfied with.

Just a warning for other users. Installing an old version is like having no security. Security issues and bugs are fixed on routine basis and undisclosed vulnerability patched. Running old version will expose you to potenital risks. Better to move to a security tool that you can keep fully up to date than running an old version just because it runs fine.

I am revising this thread title and closing this thread as the issue does not apply anymore (other version installed).

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Quote Originally Posted by atoz View Post
    Good to hear that you are aware of this problem.

I'm actually not trying to write in a webmail form but to open my mail client by clicking onto an e-mail-address in a website. Does this not make a difference?

Please tell me where exactly in ZoneAlarm I can turn off the Web Security in ZoneAlarm. I have version 11.0.000.057.

I have already uninstalled (or probably never installed) the ZoneAlarm toolbar.

Actually I never said I'm aware of this issue. I don't even know 100% what I suggested will fix it. Its just an educated guess.

The issue you described is not a general bug and cannot be re-created in house.

Its more of a one off issue.

Try my suggestion to see if it helps.

Open ZA click on 'Internet'

Turn web security off.
    Shut down PC. Reboot.

Forum Moderator
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information