Thread: Computer not protected Red Alert

Default Computer not protected Red Alert

My ZA 10.2.078.00 has developed a problem. The icon shows the computer protected. The "show monitor" tells me in red that my computer is not protected. If.. I select to fix it, there is download activity, the red window turns green... for ~10 seconds and then reverts to red.
    I can also NOT right click on a file to scan it.
    The Anti-Virus & Anti-Spyware appears to be turned off. Turning it on will last ~10 seconds and then turn off again.
    Screen shots included.. if this works
    So.. do I have a problem on my system or is ZA at the moment not working?? Troubling to have noZA capture2.JPGZA capture.JPGZA capture2.JPGZA capture.JPG active defense

Default Re: Computer not protected Red Alert

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph6410 View Post
    My ZA 10.2.078.00 has developed a problem. The icon shows the computer protected. The "show monitor" tells me in red that my computer is not protected. If.. I select to fix it, there is download activity, the red window turns green... for ~10 seconds and then reverts to red.
    I can also NOT right click on a file to scan it.
    The Anti-Virus & Anti-Spyware appears to be turned off. Turning it on will last ~10 seconds and then turn off again.
    Screen shots included.. if this works
    So.. do I have a problem on my system or is ZA at the moment not working?? Troubling to have no
    Hello;It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer it's Software and Type and Version of Windows and any other Security Software installed that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

*** NOTICE:

Whenever posting here- or Contacting ZA Tech Support, it is always advisable to list Full details of your Computer:

The More information you post the more likely users here will be able to understand the issue and try to help.

I noticed that after I sent it.. my first attempt (which failed) did, sorry
    This on Windows7 x 64. There are no other security programs working or installed.
    The only new software installed lately is something from VueScan and Scanitto Pro. Both trial scanning programs and both downloaded from the providers website.
    I do not know how long this issue has existed. Several weeks ago I was having trouble with displaying video and downloaded a number of Codec, presumably from legitimate sites.

Any other details needed? Will be glad to provide same.
    I also notice that I placed this in the wrong subsection. My ZA is the Antivirus and Firewall. If it makes any difference and would see a fix.. could the administrators move it.. or should I repost?
    Last edited by Ralph6410; March 18th, 2013 at 06:11 PM. Reason: note about wrong sub group and version

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph6410 View Post
    I noticed that after I sent it.. my first attempt (which failed) did, sorry
    This on Windows7 x 64. There are no other security programs working or installed.
    The only new software installed lately is something from VueScan and Scanitto Pro. Both trial scanning programs and both downloaded from the providers website.
    I do not know how long this issue has existed. Several weeks ago I was having trouble with displaying video and downloaded a number of Codec, presumably from legitimate sites.

Any other details needed? Will be glad to provide same.
    I also notice that I placed this in the wrong subsection. My ZA is the Antivirus and Firewall. If it makes any difference and would see a fix.. could the administrators move it.. or should I repost?
    Your Message was moved to the Correct Topic area, as all issues related to the FREE Fire Wall and Free Anti-virus + Firewall are discussed in the Free Fire wall topic area as your Screenshots attachments indicated..

Smile Re: Computer not protected Red Alert

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    Your Message was moved to the Correct Topic area, as all issues related to the FREE Fire Wall and Free Anti-virus + Firewall are discussed in the Free Fire wall topic area as your Screenshots attachments indicated..
    Thanks George.. my error in assuming that because I had paid for it and the license clearly shows 217 days remaining it was not a free version.

Anyway the problem may have been resolved by purchasing / installing the latest version. If.. this whole episode is the way ZA alarm indicates your version is no longer valid.. by shutting off the computer protection.. without better messaging.. not a very good method.

And.. for what it is worth.. this new paid for version.. appears to have the identical display as my last one.. so forgive me if my next question / comment is also placed in the wrong topic section of the forum.

Hi!

Thank you for reporting how you resolved your issue,

sorry all users here. If you have a Valid ZA Registration License Key, you can report ZA issues directly to ZA technical support at the link in my signature Free of Charge (look for the live chat icon at the main ZA support page).

Here is what I get from looking at the current v11.0.000.054 Antivirus + Firewall..

Last edited by GeorgeV; March 19th, 2013 at 03:21 PM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thank you for the image of what the free version looks like and the advice to go to directly to ZA technical support.

Thread Information