Thread: distinguish wireless networks as trusted/untrusted when they have the same gateway IP

Threaded View

Default distinguish wireless networks as trusted/untrusted when they have the same gateway IP

I recently contacted ZA support as I connected to a public network which happened to have the same LAN IP gateway address as my router. although this network was listed in windows as public, because of the IP range ZA put it in the trusted zone. have other people noticed this issue? if you connect to a public network that then happens to have the same IP range is there a way to indicate to ZA that this is NOT a trusted network.

I am attaching the details of my attempt to get ZA support to answer this: I have used ZA for years and have in the past paid for it. I'm currently on the free version, but the answers I (didn't) get from support have put me off the idea of upgrading again. I think you'll see what I mean...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Last edited by Forum-Moderator; March 25th, 2013 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Support does provide services in the forum and inappropriate to post conversation

Thread Information