Thread: Diskeeper Pro 12 User screen console will not open w/ ZoneAlarm's Firewall > No ETA

DasFox Guest

Default Diskeeper Pro 12 User screen console will not open w/ ZoneAlarm's Firewall > No ETA

Hi,
    I have been having an issue with Diskeeper Professional 12, an error clicking on the icon to load the User screen console. I get the following error.

"Unable to connect to the Diskeeper server running on…. Please make sure that the Diskeeper service is running and that no other instance of Diskeeper is connected to the machine. If the service is running, restart it and try again."

Diskeeper installed without any issues
    The service was started after the installation automatically
    Stopping and restarting the service or rebooting has not effect

I am running ZoneAlarm Extreme

I found this on Conduiv's website dealing with BitDefender

http://www.condusiv.com/support/technical/diskeeper/

Is Diskeeper 12 compatible with BitDefender?
    Diskeeper 12 will be compatible with BitDefender soon, although a work-around solution is available now. If you are running BitDefender and get an error message "Unable to connect to the Diskeeper service running on...." when trying to run Diskeeper 12 go to your program files and open the “Condusiv Technologies” folder, then open the “Diskeeper” folder. Download this zip file by clicking here, then copy and paste the contents of the zip file (DK_NET.dll) within the Diskeeper folder, replacing the existing file. Then open Diskeeper 12. This should resolve the issue. If you are still having issues, please submit a Customer Service Request and we will get back to you promptly.

The exact same issue, just a different virus software company

I tried downloading the zip file and replacing the file (DK_NET.dll) within the Diskeeper folder. But still get the same error, so what was working for BitDefender does not work for ZoneAlarm. Can you verify this and get a work around for me also.

Tried uninstalling ZoneAlarm and the Diskeeper User Screen Console came right up. (The only bad thing was that I did not take into consideration that ZoneAlarm was linked into my Outlook and it deleted the ZoneAlarm Junk Mail and ZoneAlarm Phishing Mail.)

Reply From Condusiv (Diskeeper) Tech Support
    ---------------------------------------------
    Hello,

We have discovered that the Zone Alarm Firewall is not allowing the Diskeeper Service to communicate with the Diskeeper User screen which then gives the error you are receiving when trying to open Diskeeper 12 on the system.

Since this is a Zone Alarm bug, there is nothing we can do to correct the issue. Please create a ticket with Zone Alarm and then let us know what the ticket number because when they address the problem, they will more than likely contact us and we will work with them to resolve the problem. We will have your ticket number so we can reference it when/if they contact us when trying to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
    Customer Service
    Condusiv Technologies Corporation

Default Re: Diskeeper Pro 12 User screen console will not open due to ZoneAlarm's Firewall

This is a known issue that has been logged.

We do not have a workaround nor do we know when or if it will be fixed.

Forum Moderator
    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Duke Guest

Default Re: Diskeeper Pro 12 User screen console will not open due to ZoneAlarm's Firewall

I too am having the same problem and as a long time user of each product am checking to see if a fix is available before I renew. Any updates?

Version of ZA used? If you are not on ZA 11.0.768.000 you should try to update and see if there is any difference. Reset the ZA settings to be sure you start clean.

Looking for the latest version?

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

This is a known issue with 11.0.768.000

Its logged as a bug. No ETA when it will be fixed yet. Maybe in the next major release.

Forum Moderator

Default Diskeeper Pro 12 User screen console will not open due to ZoneAlarm's Firewall

Hi,

There was a thread about this problem but it has been closed.

I stumbled on the same issue when trying to install Diskeeper 12 on Win7-64 bits and Vista-32 bits machines, but, interestingly enough, NOT on a WinXP-SP3 machine (all 3 are running ZASS).

The thread said that this was a known bug that need to be corrected.

Do we know if the bug has been corrected in the last version of ZASS (11.0.780.000) or do we need to wait for another next release ?
    Last edited by ptulkens; September 1st, 2013 at 04:28 AM. Reason: minor spelling correction

Angry Re: Diskeeper Pro 12 User screen console will not open due to ZoneAlarm's Firewall

Hello;

We are all users here;
    This Zone Alarm Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with Zone Alarm and need to be guided in the right direction to answer Questions about Zone Alarm..

I think that you will need to wait for another next release of ZASS?

Here is a Quote from the Closed thread..

This is a known issue with 11.0.768.000

Its logged as a bug. No ETA when it will be fixed yet. Maybe in the next major release.

If you have a valid license you can contact, free of charge, the ZA technical support on (Tuesday) at the link in my signature (mind the closing time).

However I think Tech support will tell you the same thing, (No ETA on when ZA will be compatible with Diskeeper)
    Last edited by GeorgeV; October 2nd, 2013 at 05:14 AM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Red face Re: Diskeeper Pro 12 User screen console will not open due to ZoneAlarm's Firewall

Thank you. I should have read the thread to its end...

Smile Re: Diskeeper Pro 12 User screen console will not open due to ZoneAlarm's Firewall

Your Welcome..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Moved the posts to the existing thread to avoid duplicates/fragmentation and closing it again. Thanks, Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information