Thread: install breaks wireless adapter

dtbaker61 Guest

Default install breaks wireless adapter

I have been a user of ZA for years running on XP without a problem. Just installed on a new laptop with Windows7, and my wireless network adapter became non-functional. Hardware device manager reported it was fine, but it could not 'see' any available wireless networks, windows troubleshooter could not fix it, and reported a 'problem with wireless adaptor' in that it could not bind IP stack protocols.

after 3 days of attempting adapter driver upgrades/downgrade, system restores, windows update, un-updates, restores.... I finally un-installed ZA, and computer is working again.

anybody else see this? is there a fix? otherwise ZA has lost me as a customer....

Default Re: install breaks wireless adapter

This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer it's Software and what type and Version of Zone Alarm that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

*** NOTICE:

Please Give the Exact Type and version of Zone Alarm used, Windows Version & SP Update used, Browser type and version, any other security tools installed and type of router or Internet connection used.

How do you connect to the Internet: Phone Line, Cable Modem, Router, Wifi, Blue Tooth

The More information you post the more likely users here will be able to understand the issue and try to help.

Thread Information