Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] ZoneAlarm Extreme - clocks on with zero files scanned.

Question [SOLVED] ZoneAlarm Extreme - clocks on with zero files scanned.

Hi all, My Zone Alarm starts an antivirus/anti-spyware scan and the scan duration ticks over and keeps going but there are no files scanned (stays at zero). I try select cancel button but it doesn't respond. I select pause and the pause button goes grey but the scan duration keeps going? I have tried reinstalling with the latest ZA but the same happens again. Has anyone come across this? regards James

Default Re: Zone Alarm Extreme Security problem - clocks on with zero files scanned.

Sorry, the pause button turns to resume but the duration doesn't stop. Also, I am running Windows 7 32bit. cheers

Default Re: Zone Alarm Extreme Security problem - clocks on with zero files scanned.

Hi!

sorry all users here. If you have a valid license you can contact, free of charge, the ZA technical support at the link in my signature. Push on the live chat icon once at the main ZA support site.

If you need feedback from users here then you need to provide full details of your setup. Exact version of ZA used (right click the ZA icon near the clock --> about --> copy to cliboard --> paste it here - remember to remove the info on the license!).

You should also specify if you are running other security tools, microsoft defender, other free antivirus? Optimization tools? Defrag tools? Is ZA installed on default location? Default settings? Is the first time you install ZA? Or been using it since long time? Malware problems recently? Crashes? Hangs? Do you have a particlura booting (dual boot with different OSs?)... etc.. etc...

More information you provide (especially on ad-hoc setup as compared to standard installs) more likely other users here will be able to help.

An easy check to verify you don't have components blocking ZA doing it job is to boot your PC in SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING. Manually open ZA (ZA components will not work but the antivirus scanner yes), try to perform a scan. If the scan completes successfully then you have something in normal mode that blocks ZA.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Cool Re: Zone Alarm Extreme Security problem - clocks on with zero files scanned.

The above post was made after contact was made to ZA technical support some days ago. Note, that I am having issues with your posting a reply forum. The enter key doesn't want to return a line in some visits. Anyways, the details are: ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version: 11.0.000.054

Vsmon version: 11.0.000.054

Driver version: 11.0.000.026

Antivirus engine version: 8.3.0.13
    Antivirus signature DAT file version: 1097169152

AntiSpam version: 6.3.1.4971

ZoneAlarm Browser Security: 1.5.393.22

ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner: 1.2.104.0 As I cannot use return key I have to keep typing. Regarding your comments: a) I am not running any other security tools or Microsoft defender or antivirus, defrag or optimizer; b) ZA is installed in its default location; c) standard boot of a ibm thinkpad laptop; d) no ad-hoc setup with only a few programs on the computer; e) I have exited the ZA and restarted. The program initializes and I am able to run a virus scan ok and even stop the program. At some time ZA does an automatic virus/anti spam update and then checks for product update, which it says is up to date. So, ZA is running ok for now. I will post up again when the problem occurs again. cheers

Smile Re: Zone Alarm Extreme Security problem - clocks on with zero files scanned.

Sorry, one more thing. A new version of ZA was downloaded and installed as instructed by the technical support guy. Also, the ZA clean tool was used before installation. cheers

Smile Re: Zone Alarm Extreme Security problem - clocks on with zero files scanned.

Quote Originally Posted by talljames View Post
    The above post was made after contact was made to ZA technical support some days ago.

Note, that I am having issues with your posting a reply forum. The enter key doesn't want to return a line in some visits. I will post up again when the problem occurs again. cheers
    Hello;

Thank your for posting some additional information requested by Guru Fax..

If you are using Microsoft IE Browser?

on the Browser, Check the top line next to the security "Lock" symbol
    there is a "Torn sheet" symbol, this is the Compatibility View option, and if you click on it, it will change color, when it is "Gray" then I have found that the Return key no longer drops down to a new line or adds a blank line..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Thank you for the info. Then, no need to post it here please follow-up with them directly if you are experiencing the problem again or if the issue has been solved. And no, it is not normal and does not happen commonly. The most common explanation for this scanner hangs are: ZA corrupted, other software conflicts, bad HD boot partition, damaged OS, damaged HD, malware infection. As already mentioned first troubleshooting step is to run the scan in SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING to exclude hardware issues.

You can also search this forum, there are several posts about it including troubleshooting steps.

If you are using IE10 then its normal not being able to use the enter carrier. Its a bug of the bulletin board. Just push on "Swith Editor to Source Mode" (button on top right of the message "a/A").

Thanks,
    Fax

Lightbulb Zone Alarm Stuck

The link to the issue is https://www.zonealarm.com/forums/sho...-files-scanned

The image of the problem is

ZA_Stuck.jpg

Please leave this thread open as there may be others that might have an answer. If there is another thread that has been posted and answered please let me know and I apologise for posting this one.

cheers
    Last edited by fax; April 23rd, 2013 at 12:09 AM.

Default Re: [SOLVED] ZoneAlarm Extreme - clocks on with zero files scanned.

Edit the post to remove off topic remarks and move the post to the original thread.

Probably we were not clear enough. There is not much we can do here . Troubleshooting steps where already posted (not clear if you even understood or tried them) and you also contacted the official ZA support.

As already indicated, you need to keep following up with the official ZA support to resolve your issue and not here (we are all users). This means follwoing support indication, may be uploading logs and eventually ask for a refund, if applicable.

If ZA does not run on your system then no use to keep insisting to using it. Please note that this is not a common issues otherwise this forum would be flooded by messages and keeping this thread open will not help you to resolve it.

So, please come back when you have been able to troubleshoot the issue with official ZA support. This thread will be closed as soon as a new ZA versions will be released to avoid unrelated issues (different version of products) to be posted in your thread. This will create confusion and not help users getting a solution to the problem.

Please note that followup messages about GURUs, post open/closed, forum policy, etc... will be removed without further notice as simply off topic. This is not a discussion board but a user forum to help each other on common ZA product related issues (unfortunately not your case).

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; April 23rd, 2013 at 02:17 AM.

Default Re: [SOLVED] ZoneAlarm Extreme - clocks on with zero files scanned.

ok, will continue to look for an answer. cheers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information