Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Android Sync WIN7 - ZAPRO v 11 (build 57)---> Remove and Install latest ver

Angry [SOLVED] Android Sync WIN7 - ZAPRO v 11 (build 57)---> Remove and Install latest ver

Android Sync will only sync up my Galaxy S3 if I turn off ZoneAlarm. This is very annoying, and unsafe. I tried configuring Android Sync as trusted application in ZoneAlarm, but no luck. Any ideas?

Default Re: Android Sync

More details - I have the purchase ZoneAlarm License, and it's the latest build. I also tried to leave ZoneAlarm on and "Snooze Firewall", but the computer still won't sync to the phone. If I exit ZoneAlarm completely, I can connect to the phone. This tells me the problem is likely due to a firewall issue that cannot be configured...

I have no problem synchronising S3 via kies. Can you specify the version of ZA used and what kind of sync does not work? Have you tried to reset the ZA settings? Can you see the phone under your OS? Which OS?

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Kies I can use as well. However, Kies doesn't sync as well (notes & tasks for example). Android Sync does a better job. But that's besides the point... I am using Win7, with ZoneAlarm Pro v 11.0.000.057. I started with a fresh ZA install, after using Android Sync successfully for a month or two, I purchased and installed ZoneAlarm Pro and ...ooops!!! can't sync anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by GhOsT View Post
    Kies I can use as well. However, Kies doesn't sync as well (notes & tasks for example). Android Sync does a better job. But that's besides the point... I am using Win7, with ZoneAlarm Pro v 11.0.000.057. I started with a fresh ZA install, after using Android Sync successfully for a month or two, I purchased and installed ZoneAlarm Pro and ...ooops!!! can't sync anymore!
    Hello;

I agree with Guru Fax,

What version and Type of Android Sync do you have installed?

I looked up Android Sync on Google Store and found several versions:

android sync manager
    android sync manager wifi
    android sync outlook
    and several others?

I have Zone Alarm Extreme Security 11.0.000.057 now updated to ZAES 11.0.000.504 on Windows 7 sp1 64-bit Desktop with IE10, Outlook 2010 64bit and Samsung Galaxy S3 Android Phone..

I can Sync the phone with Kies with ZAES running and use Windows Explorer to transfer Files/pictures/Audio files/Music both directions and even play Music /view pictures on the phone with IE Explorer with ZAES running..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Sorry no experience with that software. You may need to contact directly the ZA technical support (we are all users here) and report the issue. Probably it wild be good also to report it to android sync support. They may or may not know about it.

Thanks,Fax

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    Hello;

I agree with Guru Fax,

What version and Type of Android Sync do you have installed?

I looked up Android Sync on Google Store and found several versions:

android sync manager
    android sync manager wifi
    android sync outlook
    and several others?

I have Zone Alarm Extreme Security 11.0.000.057 now updated to ZAES 11.0.000.504 on Windows 7 sp1 64-bit Desktop with IE10, Outlook 2010 64bit and Samsung Galaxy S3 Android Phone..

I can Sync the phone with Kies with ZAES running and use Windows Explorer to transfer Files/pictures/Audio files/Music both directions and even play Music /view pictures on the phone with IE Explorer with ZAES running..
    I use Android Sync Outlook with Win7 and Outlook 2007. I can connect with Kies, but again the sync for Notepad and Task (Outlook) is virtually non-existent with Kies, so I use Android Sync. I have to Exit Zone Alarm Pro completely ("Snooze Firewall" option doesn't do it) in order for Android Sync to work! I'm really bummed... ZA prevents me from seeing my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by GhOsT View Post
    I use Android Sync Outlook with Win7 and Outlook 2007. I can connect with Kies, but again the sync for Notepad and Task (Outlook) is virtually non-existent with Kies, so I use Android Sync. I have to Exit Zone Alarm Pro completely ("Snooze Firewall" option doesn't do it) in order for Android Sync to work! I'm really bummed... ZA prevents me from seeing my phone.

Thank you for your feedback..

Probably it would be a good idea to report your issue with Android Sync compatibility with ZA Pro directly to android sync support. They may or may not have a solution or Android Sync users may provide you about a fix?

Let us know if they resolve your problem..

GeorgeV
    Last edited by GeorgeV; April 13th, 2013 at 03:56 AM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    Thank you for your feedback..

Probably it would be good a good idea to report your issue with Android Sync compatibility with ZA Pro to android sync support. They may or may not know about it.

Let us know if they resolve your problem..

GeorgeV
    Android Sync is just a program like any other that works. And it worked very well, until I installed ZoneAlarm Pro. So - it looks like a ZoneAlarm issue. Naturally, IF ZoneAlarm Pro didn't work when I had Android Sync installed, I would think it was Android Sync that had issues. But that's not the case, ZoneAlarm Pro is denying Android Sync the ability to talk to my phone.

No use use to keep posting at the user forum as we are all users here. If you think there is a conflict between the two please report directly to ZA staff at their support as well as reporting it to Android sync support so they contact ZA directly and troubleshoot the problem.

Let us know how you resolved the problem (aside from removing ZA) as other users browsing this forum may benefit from the solution.

Thanks,
    Fax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information