Thread: suspicious behavior

Hybrid View

Question suspicious behavior

Filename ns43ED.tmp
    what does this file do? and what program is it that is wanting to do whatever it wants to do?

Default Re: suspicious behavior

It is basically impossible to answer . There are thousands of software that can generate that type of temp file name.

Every time you post on ZA forum looking it would help if you would have provided:

- Provide the details of the ZA used, right click the ZA icon near the clock --> about --> copy to clipboard --> paste it here in a response (remove the information about your license key!).
    - Provide information of the Operating system used.
    - Provide information on other security tools installed and the software running at boot (Adobe, NVidia....)
    - Provide very detailed information of the warning. You can find it under the logs section of ZA
    - Provide information about the setting of ZA
    - Explain if you just installed or if it is there since a long time...

More information you post more likely other users here may guess what the problem is or if it is at all a problem. In your case, probably just a temp file of software trying to update or install.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version: 11.0.000.038
    ZoneAlarm license key:
    Vsmon version: 11.0.000.038
    Driver version: 11.0.000.026
    Antivirus engine version: 8.3.0.13
    Antivirus signature DAT file version: 1116690688
    AntiSpam version: 6.3.1.4971
    ZoneAlarm Browser Security: 1.5.393.22
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner: 1.2.104.0
    OSFW,2013/04/12,15:52:18 -7:00 GMT,UNKNOWN(0),ns43ED.tmp,C:\Windows\Temp\nsi4227. tmp\ns43ED.tmp,PROCESS,SPAWNPROCESS,,C:\Program Files\Mozilla Maintenance Service\maintenanceservice_tmp.exe,8000091c,http://osalerts.zonealarm.com/osanal...&ARG2=8000091c
    AV/update,2013/04/12,16:24:08 -7:00 GMT,,Update Install Completed,Auto,Version: 1116491136
    thanks for posting sorry about the lack of info kinda computer illiterate i tried to put info up last time did not know what i was doing obviously and a day or so before this adobe wanted too update and have access to my registry and i denied it never asked that before i thought it was unusual anyway here is some info now its probably too much thanks again

Hi!

that alert seems normal, its the firefox update service. Probably a new version of firefox is available and it tries to install it. Given that it is a new component not yet in the ZA database of safe applications than ZA warns you about it. It is safe, just allow it to allow firefox to update.

I would however, refresh the installation of ZA as a new build is available (yes, automatic update does not warn on new build, only major updates).

So, download the latest version from here (pickup the right one --> ZA Extreme): Looking for the latest version?

Then remove your current version from windows control panel add/remove programs (XP) or unistall a program (WIN7/WIN8)

Finally install the latest.

Thanks,
    Fax

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    Hi! hey thank you very much apreciate that.

that alert seems normal, its the firefox update service. Probably a new version of firefox is available and it tries to install it. Given that it is a new component not yet in the ZA database of safe applications than ZA warns you about it. It is safe, just allow it to allow firefox to update.

I would however, refresh the installation of ZA as a new build is available (yes, automatic update does not warn on new build, only major updates).

So, download the latest version from here (pickup the right one --> ZA Extreme): Looking for the latest version?

Then remove your current version from windows control panel add/remove programs (XP) or unistall a program (WIN7/WIN8)

Finally install the latest.

Thanks,
    Fax
    thank you very much i sure do appreciate that hopefully i wont have any problems unstalling za and re install i had before for some reason.

Just follow to the letter the direction given and unless you have other issue on your system ZA should install without problems.

High-rated suspicious behavior guide :

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/in...paid/71898.htm

Thread Information