Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading ZA versions, no custom install --> By design

Default Re: Upgrading from previous ZA versions, no custom install - 11 build 504 --> By desi

I am not sure I follow, please explain in detail what you did to get your page changed. All the steps and which ZA you installed and which ZA was installed. Otherwise I can only say that your information is simply wrong for the current version.

https://www.zonealarm.com/forums/sho...ces-to-install

Thanks,
    Last edited by fax; April 26th, 2013 at 01:39 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: Upgrading from previous ZA versions, no custom install - 11 build 504 --> By desi

Sorry one offtopic post needed to go. Please report here if you have problems upgrading and if settings were not kept from previous version or if the process does not complete.

Any other hypothesis or experience from previous versions is simply offtopic. It does not help the OP and create unnecessary confusion to users.

Please note that further offtopic posts will be removed without further notice. Please keep this thread clean and focus on the problem, this is not a discussion thread.

I thank you in advance for your understanding and support.

... and please note that after pushing on "Quick Install" you will get anyway another window in which you can check or UNcheck the toolbar. Just be sure you push on "SKIP ALL" (see below) if you do not want it. After that ZA will NOT install a toolbar.

Thanks,
    Fax

Attachment 158

Default Re: Upgrading ZA versions, no custom install - 11 build 504 --> By design

Another offtopic post needed to go. We are all users here and have not control on size and colour of letters in ZA installation. We can only address common ZA related issue.
    Please stick to the issue and report problems with version 504. i.e. report of installation of toolbars on upgrade even if skipped.

Please do not keep posting offtopic info as I will be forced to close the thread, this will be a disservice to other users here that may have problems to update and need other user help.

Thank you,
    Last edited by fax; April 27th, 2013 at 02:15 AM.

hvdoctor Guest

Default Re: Custom install missing - 11.000.504

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    There is no need of custom install, it will keep your former settings as you have ZA already installed.

I'm Not sure what kind of installer you are using but here is what I get with the latest ZAfree version 11.0.000.504 Webinstaller. As you will see the "custom" is clearly visible.

With this upgrade your current setting will be kept during the Quick install.

This is likely why you don't see custom as it see's that ZA is already installed. If you do not want to take a risk then first remove your current ZA and then install the latest ZA Free 11.0.000.504

Relax, sit back, don't panic and enjoy the new version

Not sure what you are talking about.....there is no custom install and the skip all offers is disabled.

Default Re: Upgrading ZA versions, no custom install - 11 build 504 --> By design

Probably there is some confusion. We are speaking of upgrades. That screenshot is taken from a fresh install (i.e. no ZA installed already). To choose custom install, move the pointer of the mouse over "custom" and push the left button of your mouse. The next screen will contain the "skip all"

If you instead are updgrading, the ensure to push the "skip all". Then.... When you say its disabled please explain how. Provide a screenshot. Did you install the old ZA with the toolbar? Can you check UNcheck the boxes? Which version are you trying to update from?

Unless you post more information users here will be pretty clueless about your issue.

Thanks,
    Last edited by fax; April 27th, 2013 at 08:59 AM.

Due to persistent abuse I am forced to close this thread. Sorry in advance for the OP that opened this thread and thank you for all users that positively contributed to this thread.
    I believe we have anyway given all possible information and guidance about upgrades and toolbar issues.
    Last edited by fax; April 27th, 2013 at 11:52 PM.

Default no custom installation on upgrade?!

Hello i just wanted to ask why there is no option for a custom installation during upgrade. I briefly read another post regarding this and a moderator told the person to just push the quick install button that all settings would be kept and there would be an option to skip installation of toolbars and other bloatware. So i clicked on the only button i could and what do you know, the first thing it starts doing is installing the freakin toolbar, on top of that, there is no button to cancel the installation! After that it was taking IE about 2 min to start up. ~~snip~~
    Last edited by fax; February 12th, 2014 at 06:14 AM. Reason: offtopic - venting - please stick to the issue -

Default Re: no custom installation on upgrade?!

ZAfree latest version has a
    New: Security Toolbar One-Click uninstall.
    http://sc1.checkpoint.com/sc1/za/rel...ry/zafree.html

So, no panic, it should be easy to remove...

Sorry not using the free version here so I don't know where exactly. I guess, it is either in the main interface or simply in the Microsoft Windows add/remove programs/Unistall a program.

When you upgrade a screen will show about the toolbar, you need to push on "SKIP ALL" (somewhere at the bottom of the page) and NOT the "next"!

Thanks,
    Fax

Default Re: no custom installation on upgrade?!

I had no option to click on anything besides quick setup there were no other buttons, nothing greyed out. It acknowledged that i had another version installed and that it would be removed and the new version installed. When i clicked on it, like i said it just did its own thing. Never asked for any input from me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information