Thread: Lost Eudora Trash mailbox

Default Lost Eudora Trash mailbox

I usually use AVG to keep virii at bay. However, Zonealarm was recently renewed and it enabled its own virus scanning. It declared a virus was present in the Eudora Trash mailbox. I just closed the window to try not to proceed further. Zonealarm appears to have destroyed my Trash mailbox contents well before I reviewed messages to verify they were unwanted. It does not appear in the quarantine folder. Can it be recovered? It is not in the Recycle bin either.

Default Re: Lost Eudora Trash mailbox

Sorry ZA does not support Eudora mailbox scanning, so I don't know how it could have removed it. I guess you can ask the Eudora community how to re-create a trash box in Eudora. Also running two antivirus software at the same time its a no go. Conflicts may arise ending up with less security. Use one, just one

As we are all users here its better you contact directly the ZA technical support at the link in my signature. Look for the live chat icon once at the ZA main support site.

Let us know how you solved the problem so that other users could benefit from it.

Thanks,

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    Sorry ZA does not support Eudora mailbox scanning, so I don't know how it could have removed it. I guess you can ask the Eudora community how to re-create a trash box in Eudora. Also running two antivirus software at the same time its a no go. Conflicts may arise ending up with less security. Use one, just one

As we are all users here its better you contact directly the ZA technical support at the link in my signature. Look for the live chat icon once at the ZA main support site.

Let us know how you solved the problem so that other users could benefit from it.

Thanks,
    It apparently treated the mailbox as a file and deleted it in its entirety. I use AVG because it is a bit smarter at such things. The ZA virus tool had been turned off, but turned itself back on due to the renewal. I didn't know that happened because it was still off after the renewal. I guess it turned itself on the next time I rebooted. I'll try the chat.

Normally ZA does not delete files unless you specifically select to do so. By default the threat is quarantined. You can restore it by going into the advance settings of the ZA antivirus section.

Please note that regardless you turn OFF the antivirus in ZA core drivers will be still loadingd and all potential issue linked to that . Better to choose which tool you want to use and stick to that our downgrade to the firewall only version.

Thanks,
    Fax

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    Normally ZA does not delete files unless you specifically select to do so. By default the threat is quarantined. You can restore it by going into the advance settings of the ZA antivirus section.

Please note that regardless you turn OFF the antivirus in ZA core drivers will be still loadingd and all potential issue linked to that . Better to choose which tool you want to use and stick to that our downgrade to the firewall only version.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Well, it did so this time. It isn't in Quarantine. Chat says it is a Eudora problem. Good idea downgrading. Thanks.

If its not there then there is no way to recover it, sorry.

Unless there are other questions I will close soon this thread as the issue cannot unfortunately be resolved here.

Thanks,
    Fax

Thread Information