Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have viruses been treated?

Default Have viruses been treated?

Hello

I have treated a virus successfully according to zone alarms but on the zone alarms antivirus home sub page. it says in green writing 4 virus have been detected. Does this mean the viruses have not been treated?

Thankyou
    Last edited by Kieran; April 20th, 2013 at 02:13 PM.

Default Re: Have viruses been treated?

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Hello

I have treated a virus successfully according to zone alarms but on the antivirus home sub page. it says in green writing 4 virus have been detected. Does this mean the viruses have not been treated?

Thankyou
    This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with Zone Alarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer it's Software and what type and Version of Zone Alarm that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

1.) What Anti-Home Page?
    2.) have you installed another antivirus program, are you referring to that AV homepage?
    3.) is so then Contact the Support page for that AV program

The More information you post the more likely users here will be able to understand the issue and try to help.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with Zone Alarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer it's Software and what type and Version of Zone Alarm that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

1.) What Anti-Home Page?
    2.) have you installed another antivirus program, are you referring to that AV homepage?
    3.) is so then Contact the Support page for that AV program

The More information you post the more likely users here will be able to understand the issue and try to help.
    Ok I got a virus and it apparently got treated using real time protection. (i got a green tick) but when i go on to the start of page of zone alarms in small writing where it says "Anti virus & Anti spy-ware, detects and removes spyware and viruses"

Below there in green writing it says "4 viru(es) have been detected but i'm sure Im sure I just treated them these using real time protection

Please help i have done a quick scan on zone alarms no viruses but still in green writing on zone alarms it says 4 virus(es) detected is this just a total count overtime

Angry Have viruses been treated?

Ok I got a virus and it apparently it got treated using real time protection. (i got a green tick) but when i go on to the start of page of zone alarms in small writing where it says "Anti virus & Anti spy-ware, detects and removes spyware and viruses" Below there in green writing it says "4 viru(es) have been detected but i'm sure I'm sure I just treated them these using real time protection are there still viruses on my machine?
    Thankyou

Please do not double post your messages. It will not help getting a response any time soon. Instead, try to provide the information that have been requested. If you post in a user forum looking for help you should also mind about users questions. We are all volunteers here and it takes a lot of our time to help users. You should at least follow users suggestions.

Now, if you need help here please provide the following information:

1. The exact Operating System you are using and if this is fully up to date. XP SP3, WIN7 SP1?, WIN8, etc. 32bit/64bit
    2. The exact version of ZA used. Right click the ZA icon near the clock, about, copy to clipboard, paste it in a reply here.
    3. Other Antivirus tools you run. Microsoft defender? AVG? Malwarebytes? Others? Please specify.
    4. Post a screenshot of the Zonealarm page you refer to. If you do not know how to post pictures, please view this generic video.

If you do not understand the above and considering the issues you are having with ZA, it may be better you look for a security tool you are able to understand. No need to waste your time on it instead of using the PC

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; April 21st, 2013 at 02:54 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    Please do not double post your messages. It will not help getting a response any time soon. Instead, try to provide the information that have been requested. If you post in a user forum looking for help you should also mind about users questions. We are all volunteers here and it takes a lot of our time to help users. You should at least follow users suggestions.

Now, if you need help here please provide the following information:

1. The exact Operating System you are using and if this is fully up to date. XP SP3, WIN7 SP1?, WIN8, etc. 32bit/64bit
    2. The exact version of ZA used. Right click the ZA icon near the clock, about, copy to clipboard, paste it in a reply here.
    3. Other Antivirus tools you run. Microsoft defender? AVG? Malwarebytes? Others? Please specify.
    4. Post a screenshot of the Zonealarm page you refer to. If you do not know how to post pictures, please view this generic video.

If you do not understand the above and considering the issues you are having with ZA, it may be better you look for a security tool you are able to understand. No need to waste your time on it instead of using the PC

Thanks,
    Fax
    Ok I am sorry i'm new. I have done a virus scan using Zone and Malabytes no viruses have been detected but in green writing at the top of Zones alarms it says 10 viruses have been detected im using windows 8. I do believe Zone is doing a good job but it still displays. Please see attachment. The virus have been treated using real time protection. Is the green writing just an all time count.

ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall version: 11.0.000.504
    Vsmon version: 11.0.000.504
    Driver version: 11.0.000.026
    Antivirus engine version: 8.3.0.18
    Antivirus signature DAT file version: 1117032064
    Web Identity Protections version: 1.5.393.22
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kieran; April 21st, 2013 at 03:14 AM.

Uuuhm, I thought it was clear, sadly it seems not as you have not addressed the questions. Please answer in detail all the questions.
    Also look into ZA tools --> Log --> antivirus section --> and post here what you see about detection/cleaning.

Also go to the advance settings of the antivirus and list what you see in the quarantine.

No need to rush, address all questions, take your time.

The screenshot indicates that the viruses are active and there are no one been quarantined. Also there is scanning going on, so ZA has not yet finished cleaning the system. If it works at all.

You seem also to use other security tools... List them! Piling up security tools one over the other will not help. On the contrary, tools will fight each other and malware will not be cleaned.
    Last edited by fax; April 21st, 2013 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    Uuuhm, I thought it was clear, sadly it seems not as you have not addressed the questions. Please answer in detail all the questions.
    Also look into ZA tools --> Log --> antivirus section --> and post here what you see about detection/cleaning.

Also go to the advance settings of the antivirus and list what you see in the quarantine.

No need to rush, address all questions, take your time.

The screenshot indicates that the viruses are active and there are no one been quarantined. Also there is scanning going on, so ZA has not yet finished cleaning the system. If it works at all.

You seem also to use other security tools... List them! Piling up security tools one over the other will not help. On the contrary, tools will fight each other and malware will not be cleaned.

1 Windows 8 64 bit operating system fully up to date
    ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall version: 11.0.000.504Vsmon version: 11.0.000.504
    Driver version: 11.0.000.026
    Antivirus engine version: 8.3.0.18
    Antivirus signature DAT file version: 1117032064
    Web Identity Protections version: 1.5.393.22
    3 Malwarebytes
    4 Screenshot attachment in the above post
    I have done a virus scan on both say none has been detected but the green writing says otherwise i think its nothing but i just need proof. I have no logs
    Last edited by Kieran; April 21st, 2013 at 03:32 AM.

Well, something is not right. The next stop is to go to dedicated forum for malware clean up since having a detection and no logs or virus quarantined is not normal.

Go to bleeping computer forum, follow closely the instruction and post your logs. You will get volunteer support by malware experts there. Once everything is cleaned remove ZA and reinstall it clean.

Bleeping computer forum is here:
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html

Unless there are other questions, I will be closing soon this thread as we have said all what we could.

Thanks,
    Fax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information