Thread: UNinstall of Toolbar with Zonealarm Free Firewall 11.0.000.057 not happening

Cool UNinstall of Toolbar with Zonealarm Free Firewall 11.0.000.057 not happening

Uninstall of toolbar that came mandated with Zonealarm Free Firewall 11.0.000.057 is not uninstalled following the instructions from Guru even on following "Uninstaller.exe -ctid=ctXXXXXX -ie -ff" command. The command is supposed to not indicate anything except for errors and one is supposed to wait for a minute. I tried doing this with FireFox on and without Firefox but uninstaller does not remove the toolbar!

THIS IS A DISASTER!

Contrary to some comments this version of Zonealarm did nto have an option to opt out of toolbar: It had forced options to install so after reading uninstall instructions I let it install hoping to uninstall and now need help.

I followed instructions from: -server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/s-28464961/cmd/kbresource/kb-6881390793543895188/view_question!PAGETYPE?sq=uninstall%2btool%2bbar&s f=101113&sg=0&st=673715&documentid=408296&action=v iew-
    Last edited by fax; April 21st, 2013 at 10:12 AM. Reason: de-linking outdated KB article to avoid other users may accidentally using them

Default Re: UNinstall of Toolbar with Zonealarm Free Firewall 11.0.000.057 not happening

You seem a bit lost with ZA. It is not as complicated as you may think. Always mind to check when was the KB updated last time. In this specific case there is no Conduit toolbar in ZA anymore

To remove the toolbar simply go to your Windows control panel, uninstall a program (WIN7), add/remove program (XP) and look for the ZA toolbar entry. Remove it. Done.

By the way, we are at version 11.0.000.504. Better to update, and before you are lost again with the toolbar, read here:

MUST select search box and default home page choices to install?

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: UNinstall of Toolbar with Zonealarm Free Firewall 11.0.000.057 not happening

Thanks Guru for your response but I did check Skip All offers button to proceed on to the install as that was the only way to proceed w/o checking the 2 tool bars related check boxes. I am on Win 7.

The update offer from Zonealarm just popped up today. So I installed the version it took me to. So not sure why it got me the version ending .057 and not .504 !

Right now when I click on update button it shows no new updates though version shows 11.0.000.057!

Browser Firefox shows CCC001 tool bar and the About button within shows a CTID # that I used for uninstalling per instructions.

Control Panel Add remove programs do not have any ZA Toolbar entry, in fact the only entry with Z is Zonealarm Free Firewall which is what I wanted.

But I see on FireFox (v20.0.1) browser the toolbar that is NOT going away after downloading the Uninstall.exe and running with the 3 parameters mentioned.

I tried the uninstall step via Run with and without FF browser on but no luck :-(

Please Help.

I had to go to zonealarm website to get the latest version, so now upgraded to 11.0.00.504 but now need a way to uninstall the nasty toolbar from previous install that refuses to go away.

I even tried uninstalling firefox but as I needed to keep user settings the toolbar came on reinstalling firefox!

Hello;

To properly uninstall the toolbar so that it will not interfere with anything there is a separate uninstaller for the toolbar now.
    use Windows XP ADD/Remove or Windows 7 -8 uninstall a program feature..

FYI: If you uninstall ZA, that will not uninstall the toolbar or DNT (do not track) technology.

1. ZA has its own uninstaller.
    2. Security Toolbar has it own uninstaller.
    3. Do Not track has its own uninstaller now.

We cannot support you disabling the toolbar from within the browser.
    We will only support disabling and removing the toolbar if you run the uninstaller for the toolbar.

Once the toolbar has been uninstalled then the only feature that actually will function that is part of the Web Security/Web Identity Protections in ZA is the Advanced download protection.

With those wrong/outdated uninstalling instruction you probably broken something with the browser add-ons. There I cannot really help as I never used those KB instruction. Sorry.

I would remove everything you see of ZA in control panel. Then ensure your browser works fine and there are no traces of toolbars. Only then install the latest version.

No further suggestions from my side, may be other have better ideas?

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information