Thread: ZoneAlarm Browser Security has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Default ZoneAlarm Browser Security has encountered a problem and needs to close.

ZoneAlarm Browser Security has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Error signature
    szAppName : ISWSVC.exe szAppVer : 1.5.393.22 szModName : crypt32.dll szModVer : 5.131.2600.6239 offset : 0001ccf7

This message is produced every few minutes until I switch off web idendity protection phishing protection

could this be the consequence of visiting a phishing site before ?

ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall version: 11.0.000.057
    Vsmon version: 11.0.000.057
    Driver version: 11.0.000.057
    Antivirus engine version: 8.3.0.13
    Antivirus signature DAT file version: 1112775488
    Web Identity Protections version: 1.5.393.22

runnign on windows XP Pro SP3 last update 18/04/2013

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Browser Security has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Hi!

it may be linked to many different factors. I would suggest you start clean and install the latest ZA build 504.

1. Download the latest version from here: Looking for the latest version? (mind to choose the right installer i.e. ZAfree with Antivirus)
    2. Remove you current ZA from XP add/remove programs
    3. Reboot the PC
    4. Run the ZA removal too to ensure no main left overs are persisting on the PC: download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/support/download/clean.exe
    5. Reboot the PC
    6. Ensure you are not running other security tools (AVG, Avast, Microsoft Security Essential, Norton, Mcafee, etc..). If so, remove them
    7. Install the latest version, you have downloaded in point 1.
    8. Do not restore any previous setting as they may be the source of the problem.

Please also note that ISWSVC.exe does not support version of Firefox above 17. This can also be a cause of crashes or incompatibility.

Thank you,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; April 26th, 2013 at 03:35 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thumbs up Re: ZoneAlarm Browser Security has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    Hi!

it may be linked to many different factors. I would suggest you start clean and install the latest ZA build 504.

Please also note that ISWSVC.exe does not support version of Firefox above 17. This can also be a cause of crashes or incompatibility.

Thank you,
    Fax
    Thank you for the reply , I will install 504, but the problem is My firefox is 20.xxx

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Browser Security has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekVG View Post
    Thank you for the reply , I will install 504, but the problem is My firefox is 20.xxx
    The ONLY part of ZA that's not compatible with anything above version 17 of Firefox is Web Security.

The main aspects of ZA security such as Firewall and Antivirus are just fine.

AFAIK: at this time you have three choices..

1.) Turn off Web Security in ZA free

2.) Go back to Firefox 17.01 if you want to keep ZA web Securirity enabled..

3.) uninstall ZA Free and find another Free Firewall solution that works on your computer.

Yes, as Guru GeorgeV suggested most likely your choices will be to turn off the ZA web security.

Alternatively, try to turn OFF everything related to chekckpoint/ZA in the add-on/extension of firefox to see if this will make FF not crashing.

Thanks,
    Fax

I switched off websecurity (phishing ) that's all for the rest it works fine ...

imho . although switching of web identity protections solved the matter while using FF20.x
    something else does bother me
    when boortin windows XP , ZA starts up with WIP enabled immediately every few minutes the crsh message occurs , it seems the occurrences do happen at regular intervals approx 4 mins, but they occur even if FF20 is not yet loaded ... and it seems like they don't always occur in the same circumstances thee dumps are different in size
    it looks like I haven't got all the details clearly identified

If you are sure that forcefield crashes even without opening a web browser (any) than there may be some other application that conflicts with it. The only way to troubleshoot this is to boot your system selectively using MSCONFIG. This way:

1. Click Start -> Run
    2. Type MSConfig in the run box and click OK
    3. Once in MSConfig, click the ServiceTab
    4. Place a check in "Hide All Microsoft Services"
    5. Now remove checks from everything other than TrueVector Internet
    6. Monitor and any other Checkpoint/ZA related item), and click OK.
    7. Click the Startup Tab,
    8. Order by publisher and disable all items except items from Microsoft and Checkpoint
    9. Restart your computer

Now test if the issue persist. If it doesn't go back to MSCONFIG and check back the disabled items by group of 4 or 5. Start from the service tab and then move to the startup. This way you should hopefully find the issue.

NOTE: You can place your computer back into a normal startup process by
    going back into msconfig and choosing the Normal Startup option on the
    General tab.
    Last edited by fax; August 10th, 2013 at 10:29 PM.

Thread Information