Thread: [SOLVED] Scan Constantly Running

Default [SOLVED] Scan Constantly Running

A couple of weeks ago ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite started continuously running a scan. Or, at least, it claims to be running a scan. It's not clear that it's actually doing anything because the number of files scanned does not change in the View Scan window.

Last week in a chat session with ZA tech support I was given instructions to uninstall, clean and reinstall my security suite. I did all that and the problem went away for a few days. Now, the problem is back. The scan icon is always shown in the system tray. If I open the View Scan window sometimes the scan duration increases second-by-second and sometimes it is stuck at 0. Right now, it's increasing but the number of files scanned is stuck at 2343. Scan Progress says "Quick scan..." No detections are reported. Days have gone by with no discernible progress. How can I get this fixed?

Default Re: Scan Constantly Running

Quote Originally Posted by DLSalahi View Post
    A couple of weeks ago ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite started continuously running a scan. Or, at least, it claims to be running a scan. It's not clear that it's actually doing anything because the number of files scanned does not change in the View Scan window.

Last week in a chat session with ZA tech support I was given instructions to uninstall, clean and reinstall my security suite.

I did all that and the problem went away for a few days. Now, the problem is back. The scan icon is always shown in the system tray. If I open the View Scan window sometimes the scan duration increases second-by-second and sometimes it is stuck at 0. Right now, it's increasing but the number of files scanned is stuck at 2343. Scan Progress says "Quick scan..." No detections are reported. Days have gone by with no discernible progress. How can I get this fixed?
    Hello;

We are all User here, Tech Support does not monitor this Forum which exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with Zone Alarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

Please Contact Tech Support Live Chat again and refer to your previous Chat with them and tell them the results of the instructions that they gave you, so that they can advise you on what next to do to resolve your issue?
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    Hello;

We are all User here, Tech Support does not monitor this Forum which exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with Zone Alarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

Please Contact Tech Support Live Chat again and refer to your previous Chat with them and tell them the results of the instructions that they gave you, so that they can advise you on what next to do to resolve your issue?

Thanks, GeorgeV. I didn't realize that tech support doesn't watch this forum.
    David

Your Welcome...

Let us know how you have managed to resolve the issue. It will help other users with the same problem.
    GeorgeV

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    Your Welcome...

Let us know how you have managed to resolve the issue. It will help other users with the same problem.
    I had another chat session just now in which the tech support representative recommended that I reset my preferences to default. I did that and rebooted and, for now, the scan hasn't restarted. But I'll have to wait to see if it stays fixed. The last time (after uninstalling, cleaning & reinstalling ZA) it took a few days for the problem to start again.

Regards,
    David

Be sure to be on the latest ZA build 11.0.000.504 that contains several fixes to the antivirus engine. If not, update to it: Looking for the latest version?

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    Be sure to be on the latest ZA build 11.0.000.504 that contains several fixes to the antivirus engine. If not, update to it: Looking for the latest version?
    Yes, I did the update as part of the procedure I followed after my first chat with tech support. That didn't fix the problem. However, after the second chat I reset all my preferences to the defaults and, so far, that has fixed it.

David

Quote Originally Posted by DLSalahi View Post
    Yes, I did the update as part of the procedure I followed after my first chat with tech support. That didn't fix the problem. However, after the second chat I reset all my preferences to the defaults and, so far, that has fixed it.

David
    Zone Alarm was designed to function best with its Default settings..

Thank you for letting us know how you have managed to resolve the issue
    GeorgeV

Thread Information