Thread: Ipad Air Display connection not posible>sort out PC problem before installing ZA

Default Ipad Air Display connection not posible>sort out PC problem before installing ZA

Hi there,

probably someone can help me here. I'm trying to connect my ipad as an monitor extension for my win7 computer. I'm using the AIR DISPLAY software: http://avatron.com/apps/air-display

The connection works when ZoneAlarm is switched off while starting the connection process. I can start ZoneAlarm later on while using the connection without any problem. However, if ZoneAlarm is running, I can detect the Ipad in the connection software and even connect it (giving it a tick), but there's is no actual transmision.

In the Application Control, I permitted the program all access.

Any hints/suggestions?

would be great if anyone could help!

cheers,

Siegesmund

Default Re: Ipad Air Display connection not posible

Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer it's Software and what type and Version of Zone Alarm that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

If you need feedback from users here then you need to provide full details of your setup.

Exact version of ZA used (right click the ZA icon near the clock --> about --> copy to clipboard --> paste it here - remember to remove the info on the license!).

You should also specify if you are running other security tools, Microsoft defender, other free antivirus? Optimization tools? Defrag tools?
    Is ZA installed on default location? Default settings?
    Is the first time you install ZA? Or have you used it for a long time? Malware problems recently? Crashes? Hangs?
    Do you have a particular booting (dual boot with different OSs?)... etc.. etc...

NOTE: The More information you provide (especially on ad-hoc setup as compared to standard installs) more likely other users here will be able to help.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Hi GeorgeV,

thank you for welcoming me. You are totally right, I should have given more information. Here are the details:

Free ZoneAlarm-Firewall-Version:10.1.079.000
    vsmon-Version:10.1.079.000
    Treiberversion:10.0.217.000
    ZoneAlarm Browser Security:1.5.350.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner:1.5.53.235
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing-Datenbank:1.2.104.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites-Datenbank:04.155

Beside ZA i'm running the free Avira anti virus program, but no further optimization programs. In general I use default settings and location. I use ZA since many years, without any trouble so far

Im running it on a win7, default standart booting.

Hope that gives the necessary indications. Would be glad if anyone could give me some suggestions.

Cheers,

Siegesmund

Originally Posted by Siegesmund
    Hi GeorgeV,

thank you for welcoming me. You are totally right, I should have given more information. Here are the details:

Free ZoneAlarm-Firewall-Version:10.1.079.000
    vsmon-Version:10.1.079.000
    Treiberversion:10.0.217.000
    ZoneAlarm Browser Security:1.5.350.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner:1.5.53.235
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing-Datenbank:1.2.104.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites-Datenbank:04.155

Beside ZA i'm running the free Avira anti virus program, but no further optimization programs. In general I use default settings and location. I use ZA since many years, without any trouble so far

Im running it on a win7, default standart booting.

Hope that gives the necessary indications. Would be glad if anyone could give me some suggestions.

Cheers,

Siegesmund

Thank you for posting your Additional information..

I have Move your Thread into the Appropriate FREE FIREWALL Topic area.

A.) Free ZoneAlarm-Firewall-Version:10.1.079.000

this is a very old version of ZA free,
    the Current Supported version of ZA Free Firewall in now Ver. 11.0.000.504,
    there have been numerous changes and upgrades to Zone Alarm Firewall since your old version..

1. Download the latest version http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...10&action=view
    <== click here

2. Remove your current ZA version (in XP use Windows add/remove programs)

3. Clean your system and registry with the Free Ccleaner.exe
    http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/slim <= click here

4. Now Install the latest ZA version without touching any default settings, and Do Not Restore Saved Settings from the old install.

B.) It may Probably be better for you to look for
    a different Firewall that support your configuration rather then insisting on a free solution that MAY not work on your setup.

C.) Also have you contacted AVATRON Software Support web page,
    and advise them about the conflict with Zone Alarm free Firewall?

Avatrom Support my have a work around solution for your setup?

D.) also it looks like this was primairily designed for the APPLE iOS environment..

Avatron® Software is a leading developer of productivity-enhancing applications that blur the boundaries between personal computers, mobile devices, and the cloud. Avatron’s Air Sharing file-sharing app was downloaded by more than 1 million users in its first two weeks and raised the bar for iOS application design and quality. The company’s Air Display app turns an iPad or other device into a wireless computer monitor with a touchscreen. Avatron was founded in April 2008 by Dave Howell, a former Apple software engineering manager, and a team of veteran Mac OS X programmers. The company is based in Portland, Oregon.

Last edited by GeorgeV; May 9th, 2013 at 01:57 PM. Reason: fix typo

Dear George,

thanks again for your quick response!

A)
    I did every step as you suggested. However it still doesn't work. Right now I can't hook it up at all (with or without ZA)

B)
    Maybe you are right. So far I was quite satisfied with ZA.

C)
    Yes I, contacted their support team. They actually told me that I should look for a solution over here!!!

D)
    Seems to be true, but its stressed that it should work with windows as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Siegesmund View Post
    A) Right now I can't hook it up at all (with or without ZA)
    Then I would recommend you sort out the problem before installing ZA again as this seems completely unrelated to ZA.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information