Thread: Problem with installation of 110_000_504

Default Problem with installation of 110_000_504

I just got booted after a long post, so I'll forget all the explanations. I'm on WinXP Pro.

Installed new version, computer would freeze on log on screen once button clicked, went to safe mode system restore, 1st time it wouldn't allow me, something about security, second time did a restore system. Now no icon for ZA, and when try to uninstall with add/remove program it says 'no valid installation configuration found' all most likely due to sys restore, but it was the only way I could get back on the computer except in safe mode. So, how do I remove ZA now, or should I just install the new one over the old? I have for now turned on Windows Firewall. ZA is the only firewall I've ever used, since I came on the web a couple of decades ago. I read this post and downloaded the clean.exe thing, but not sure if I need to do something else. https://www.zonealarm.com/forums/sho...rewall-upgrade

Default Re: Problem with installation of 110_000_504

Yes, use clean.exe. there are several threads here that explain how to clean install ZA just dedicate some reading to these threads. Thanks, Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Hi,

I used the clean.exe and it uninstalled but did not remove everything. I still have a Checkpoint folder in program files, and under that is ZoneAlarm folder which contains, Help and lib folders and under lib is a pyd folder. I tried to just delete the checkpoint folder and get a message "cannot delete Checkpoint, access is denied" "Make sure the disk is not full or write protected or the file is not currently in use." I have no way to find out if any file is in use since I would have no idea which file belonged to ZA that I could check in the processes tab. Is there someplace I can find what file might be in the process tab, or be running from Checkpoint? I could take a screen capture of my running processes. Or doesn't it matter that all that stuff is still there. I would think that wouldn't really allow a totally clean install.

Thanks for any help.

Ruth

It does not matter, it is designed to shutdown the ZA processes and remove ZA. If it does not then there is a more serious issue at level of OS locking the system, folders or files. You can recognise ZA files/processes as is the XP MSCONFIG one column will indicate the origin (e.g. Microsoft, checkpoint, etc.). The best is to start clean and reinstall the system. If you can't then you may need to leave with that folder in the PC.

For the future please note that XP system restore will break ZA. Always remove ZA before proceeding to a system restore.
    Last edited by fax; May 18th, 2013 at 09:02 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information