Thread: [Resolved] Update blocks all internet traffic

Default [Resolved] Update blocks all internet traffic

Just installed the latest version of Zone Alarm free. It has completely blocked all Internet access from my computer. Email is blocked as well. Can't see what the setting is that is doing it, but shutting down ZA lets me back on the Web. My local network is in the trusted zone.

Default Re: Update blocks all internet traffic

Quote Originally Posted by brisbaneroad View Post
    Just installed the latest version of Zone Alarm free. It has completely blocked all Internet access from my computer. Email is blocked as well. Can't see what the setting is that is doing it, but shutting down ZA lets me back on the Web. My local network is in the trusted zone.
    Based on the very limited amount of information that you provided, It looks like your Upgrade Download may Have been Corrupted during the Download or install process.

The Best Fix for this problem is to Uninstall the Corrupted Version.. and download a fresh copy of ZA 11.0.000.504 and do a Clean re-install.

use clean.exe. there are several threads here that explain how to clean install ZA just dedicate some reading to these threads.

https://www.zonealarm.com/forums/sho...nnoying-popups

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer it's Software and what type and Version of Zone Alarm that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

Please Give the Exact Type and version of Zone Alarm used, Windows Version & SP Update used, Browser type and version, any other security tools installed and type of router or Internet connection used.
    How do you connect to the Internet: Phone Line, Cable Modem, Router, Wifi, Blue Tooth, Osmosis?

The More information you post the more likely users here will be able to understand the issue and try to help.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; May 19th, 2013 at 06:04 AM. Reason: fix typo

OK, tried re-download and reinstall after using clean.exe - still no joy.
    My version is:
    ZoneAlarm Free Firewall version: 11.0.000.504
    Vsmon version: 11.0.000.504
    Driver version: 11.0.000.026
    Web Identity Protections version: 1.5.393.22

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate, no SP, 64-bit, and connect via an ADSL router using Ethernet.
    Browser is Firefox 15.0.1 (but Internet Explorer is also affected)
    Also running Vipre Antivirus 6.0.5449

Quote Originally Posted by brisbaneroad View Post
    OK, tried re-download and reinstall after using clean.exe - still no joy.
    My version is:
    ZoneAlarm Free Firewall version: 11.0.000.504
    Vsmon version: 11.0.000.504
    Driver version: 11.0.000.026
    Web Identity Protections version: 1.5.393.22

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate, no SP, 64-bit, and connect via an ADSL router using Ethernet.
    Browser is Firefox 15.0.1 (but Internet Explorer is also affected)
    Also running Vipre Antivirus 6.0.5449
    Thank you for your Additional information.

You need to update Windows 7 to SP1 plus all other MS updates.

and Zone Alarm is not compatible with old versions of Firefox..

It is Very Important that you keep your Windows OS and the other software installed fully updated ..

If it is a recurrent problem then I would ensure you are not running other conflicting tools or left over from previous security tools with appremover.com.

Corruption of OS files or core system files can be also a cause, this is especially true if you had malware infections in the past. Also check your system for vulnerable software and updated it. Finally frequent crash or hangs (incorrect shutdown) of the pc can corrupt ZA.

Also remember that if you post a message in user forum you will need to provide as much as information you can to help other users to understand the issue and try to help you.

It may be better to look for another Free Firewall that supports your computer.

yeah I agree, that's what I've done. New one highly recommended on cnet,and it works fine

Thread Information