Thread: Zonealarm free v 11 blocking pop mail

Default Zonealarm free v 11 blocking pop mail

Hi,

after installing zonealarm 11 my email now get the following error:

Task 'Adlantic Admin - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

I have been in contact with the email provider, nothing wrong on that end, been in contact with internet provider nothing wrong there either.
    I experimented with another computer at another location that didn't have zonealarm or any antivirus installed (fresh install win 7) and there were no problems, however as soon as i installed zonealarm the above message popped up there too.

It happens in both outlook and outlook express, ports being used are 110 and 25 standard ports, both programs have been allowed in the firewall settings, windows firewall is off and there are no other security programs installed. We are using the zonealarm firewall and av.

Any help much appreciated. Oh this is happening on both win xp and win 7 machines.

thanks,

MsKazza

Default Re: Zonealarm free v 11 blocking pop mail

First time I hear that ZA can block e-mail on clean systems. I am afraid not much to say about what to do. The only check I can suggest is:

1. Did you download ZA installer from ZA website?
    2. Is it the latest version? i.e. 11.0.000.504
    3. Did you install with an ACTIVE internet connection and with windows firewall turned ON? (ZA will take care of turning it off after install.
    4. Do you have any proxy been installed or configured in those system (check Internet Explorer configuration)?

Any NO on the point 1 to 3 can affect the functionality of ZA. A YES on point 4 can affect connections but not just e-mail.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Hi,

thanks for quick reply

ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall version: 11.0.000.504
    Vsmon version: 11.0.000.504
    Driver version: 11.0.000.504
    Antivirus engine version: 8.3.0.18
    Antivirus signature DAT file version: 1119312576

downloaded straight from za website, i didn't touch win firewall before install za turned it off during the install. I have broadband so internet always on. and i have no poxy (pun intended!!) servers. This is the machine i was experimenting with.

At work more or less same, however they did have avg, which i removed because of the email scanner and installed za instead, however same message. Our email is with godaddy but like i said without any security software installed my machine at home had no problems with the email.

Any suggestions much appreciated, this been happening most of this week and as you can imagine my boss not best pleased, they are having to use webmail atm to send and recieve messages.

Sorry no further suggestion then checking if you shutdown ZA you can send e-mail? Right click the ZA icon near the clock --> EXIT. Wait a minute. Now try to send e-mails. Does it work? If not, its not ZA. If yes, than I would suggest you move to another free solution.

Sorry,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information