Thread: ZA and IE

Hybrid View

Default ZA and IE

Before getting ZA I was using MSE, and ever since I got ZA Internet Explore keeps getting interruptions. I got rid of ZA for 2 weeks and had no problems, reinstalled ZA and the problem is back again. Any time I am on the web I keep getting internet explorer has stopped working. then its starts again. I am using IE10. Any Ideas? or settings I should look at?

Default Re: ZA and IE

Exact version of ZA used? Exact version of IE used? Exact version of OS used? Exact setting of ZA application control (service control, advanced application control, etc)? ZA installed with the toolbar? Without?

You need to provide much more information to get some meaningful feedback from. Other users here.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by BowHunt3r View Post
    Before getting ZA I was using MSE, and ever since I got ZA Internet Explore keeps getting interruptions. I got rid of ZA for 2 weeks and had no problems, reinstalled ZA and the problem is back again. Any time I am on the web I keep getting internet explorer has stopped working. then its starts again. I am using IE10. Any Ideas? or settings I should look at?

Hello,

I agree with Guru Fax;

The More information you post the more likely users here will be able to understand the issue and try to help.

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer it's Software and what Type and version Of Windows OS, Type and Version # of Zone Alarm What Type of Computer, that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

Post the Exact version of ZA used (right click the ZA icon near the clock --> about --> copy to clipboard --> paste it here - !).

Also, You should also specify if you are running other security tools, Microsoft defender, other free antivirus? Optimization tools? Defrag tools?

IE 10, ZA free, default settings, with tool bar, No proxy server, win7 64bit. CCCleaner runs twice a week and PC Pitstop's PC Matic once a week. Speedtests.net 150 mile away, Ping 73, upload 1.89 Down .89. Internet service is RoadRunner.

ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall version: 11.0.000.504
    Vsmon version: 11.0.000.504
    Driver version: 11.0.000.026
    Antivirus engine version: 8.3.0.18
    Antivirus signature DAT file version: 1119460000
    Web Identity Protections version: 1.5.393.22
    AMD 8350, MSI mobo, 8 gig gskill rip jaws, 2x Sapphire HD 7970 in cross fire , XFX 950w psu,
    Last edited by BowHunt3r; May 26th, 2013 at 03:41 PM.

Thanks, I would try to install without the toolbar to see if you see any difference.
    And if you still see you have problems I would try to remove forcefield. Not officially supported but you are likely having some software installed conflicting with one component of ZA (forcefield) and you see this constant issues. See here how to remove it. Of course you will miss some protection (known malware/phishing website warnings).

A new beta of ZA (ZA Extreme) is currently under testing (www.zonealarm.com/beta) without that component and different web browsing protection. No ETA when this will be official.

Fax
    Last edited by fax; May 27th, 2013 at 09:11 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information