Thread: Protection from Keylogger

Default Protection from Keylogger

H e l l o !

I'm using the Pro Firewall & I have a quick question about its extent of protection::

I use a very good antivirus, but let's say that a Keylogger was Somehow able to get onto my computer. Since I am using the Firewall's "Application Control", is it therefore Certain that the Keylogger Malware is a Program whose launching would trigger an ALERT ... & therefore "Application Control", All By Itself, is Fully Adequate to inform me of this Malware's presence?

The reason I'm asking is because I only run my secondary virus scanner a few times per week--which would therefore occur AFTER a Keylogger's damage would have already happened! But if "Application Control" will alert me when a Keylogger Launches, then I can attack the Keylogger immediately.

Thank you for answering!

Chuck

Default Re: Protection from Keylogger

Hi!

ZA will prompt from unknown programs calling out but a 100% coverage is not possible and you should check if your AV has some keylogger protection too. If not you could run the free Trusteer Rapport that has a very good protection and that is able to protect from all known keyloggers/screengrabber malware around.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

See here for very good information.Read Project 31 & 32 :

http://www.mrg-effitas.com/current-tests/

Post Re: Protection from Keylogger

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    H e l l o !

I'm using the Pro Firewall & I have a quick question about its extent of protection::

I use a very good antivirus, but let's say that a Keylogger was Somehow able to get onto my computer. Since I am using the Firewall's "Application Control", is it therefore Certain that the Keylogger Malware is a Program whose launching would trigger an ALERT ... & therefore "Application Control", All By Itself, is Fully Adequate to inform me of this Malware's presence?

The reason I'm asking is because I only run my secondary virus scanner a few times per week--which would therefore occur AFTER a Keylogger's damage would have already happened! But if "Application Control" will alert me when a Myjad Keylogger Launches, then I can attack the Keylogger immediately.

Thank you for answering!

Chuck
    MSE detects a wide range of key loggers, password stealers, and other malicious software that monitors your activity.
    Last edited by millerbell; August 15th, 2013 at 11:09 PM.

Yes, however there is no mechanism to protect from new keyloggers, screengrabbers, etc. Trusteer, for example, offers generic protection from known as well as unknown malware adding an addittional layer of security to your current signature based solution.

Adding MSE to your current AV solutions is not ideal nor recommended. Golden rule for security is: only run one active antivirus and firewall and if you want to use other tools ensure they are complementary and not overlapping with your setup.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information