Thread: Newbie to zonealarm,can you help?

daz85 Guest

Default Newbie to zonealarm,can you help?

Hi all can you help?

I have recently downloaded the zonealarm free program.My internet connection is tethered through my mobile phone to my pc.Having recently had Mcafee security installed i had noticed i was getting around 50-60 incoming network attempts per day.First question,is this normal? and why? 2nd question after installing zonealarm i am not recieving anything in the log about any kind of activity? is this normal?

Any help would be much appreciated

Many thanks

Cool Re: Newbie to zonealarm,can you help?

Quote Originally Posted by daz85 View Post
    Hi all can you help?

I have recently downloaded the zonealarm free program.My internet connection is tethered through my mobile phone to my pc.Having recently had Mcafee security installed i had noticed i was getting around 50-60 incoming network attempts per day.First question,is this normal? and why? 2nd question after installing zonealarm i am not recieving anything in the log about any kind of activity? is this normal?

Any help would be much appreciated

Many thanks
    Hi, Yes I think this is normal, it's properly because your are having rooming enabled on your phone. Your shift to ZA was a very wise choice, as it's one of the best programs out there. The missing network connections attemps after shifting to ZA is in my opinion just a proof that ZA is protecting you better. You can enable logging in ZA (Eventhough I don't know if this is an option in the free ver.) Another thing, where is your logfile residing, on your phone or on your pc? If on your phone you have to into setting and set the preferences for logging there, hope this helps. Kim

[Edit] Also be sure to add your phone to the firewall Zone in ZA (Set as Public)
    Last edited by scorpio; June 2nd, 2013 at 08:53 AM. Reason: To fast or to little thinking :)
    There's no stupid questions, only stupid answers

Thread Information