Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IE 10 Producing Stability Issue Alert Every Time I Close Browser Window.

Default IE 10 Producing Stability Issue Alert Every Time I Close Browser Window.

I am getting repeated ZA Stability Problems Alerts every time that I close IE 10 - this has only started since I installed IE 10, earlier this week, using Windows Update - I did, on the first occasion this Alert showed, submit the debug info, and subsequently I am told to delay submitting for a day etc even though it is several days since I submitted the original debug info. I've been using ZA [currently ZA Full Extreme Security version] for many years, and have never had this problem, or similar, until the IE 10 install. I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium SP-1; Linksys Wireless-G broadband Router WRT54GS with SpeedBooster; Broadband = Virgin 20Mb Cable connection. Additionally . . . Copied from ZA Extreme Security 'About', for your further reference = ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version: 10.2.078.000
    ZoneAlarm license key: *Removed for Forum Posting purposes*
    Vsmon version: 10.2.078.000
    Driver version: 10.0.217.000
    Antivirus engine version: 8.2.11.97
    Antivirus signature DAT file version: 1121341984
    AntiSpam version: 6.3.1.4973
    ZoneAlarm Browser Security: 1.5.396.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner: 1.2.104.0
    Last edited by Kshaky; June 22nd, 2013 at 04:24 AM.

Default Re: IE 10 Producing Stability Issue Alert Every Time I Close Browser Window.

This was for other issue, but the procedure applies for clean install also.

https://www.zonealarm.com/forums/sho...492#post297492

Default Re: IE 10 Producing Stability Issue Alert Every Time I Close Browser Window.

Quote Originally Posted by Kshaky View Post
    I am getting repeated ZA Stability Problems Alerts every time that I close IE 10 - this has only started since I installed IE 10, earlier this week, using Windows Update - I did, on the first occasion this Alert showed, submit the debug info, and subsequently I am told to delay submitting for a day etc even though it is several days since I submitted the original debug info. I've been using ZA [currently ZA Full Extreme Security version] for many years, and have never had this problem, or similar, until the IE 10 install. I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium SP-1; Linksys Wireless-G broadband Router WRT54GS with SpeedBooster; Broadband = Virgin 20Mb Cable connection. Additionally . . . Copied from ZA Extreme Security 'About', for your further reference = ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version: 10.2.078.000
    ZoneAlarm license key: *Removed for Forum Posting purposes*
    Vsmon version: 10.2.078.000
    Driver version: 10.0.217.000
    Antivirus engine version: 8.2.11.97
    Antivirus signature DAT file version: 1121341984
    AntiSpam version: 6.3.1.4973
    ZoneAlarm Browser Security: 1.5.396.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner: 1.2.104.0
    I am running a similar setup and have no problems with IE10 and ZA Extreme security 11.0.000.504..

after following the suggested link to Guru Fax advice to upgrade ZAES to the Current supported ver. of ZA Extreme..

You may have a Corruption in IE10..

Here is a Link to Microsoft FIXIT utility to Fix Error or corruption in Internet Explorer..

http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/
    Last edited by GeorgeV; June 22nd, 2013 at 04:54 AM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thanks VM Sky Soldiers. I'll look into this later today, when I have a little more time to focus properly on it. Briefly though, shouldn't the Update procedure (which I ran prior to my Post) within ZA deal with keeping the versions current? - if not, I'd feel a little bit 'short changed' if I then have to start uninstalling and reinstalling software that I pay good money for, and expect to be free of that sort of hassle (btw, I know that's NOTHING to do with you of course . . . just sayin' ). Also, having speedily gone to your link and the 'sub-links', would you have any idea how I definitively ascertain whether I currently have ZA Extreme Security (367Mb download), or the ZA Extreme Security Suite (345Mb download) . . . I don't want to 'short change' myself, and inadvertently downgrade my product.
    Last edited by Kshaky; June 22nd, 2013 at 05:23 AM.

Thanks too GeorgeV - I'll also bear this in mind when I get a little more time later on today, 'got to head out now though. This makes me wonder if I may have just been 'torpedoed' by good ol' Microsoft and/or Internet Explorer again - I'd actually resisted installing IE 10 via Windows Update (I was quite happy to wait for a few months, and just stick with IE 9), but Windows Update finally refused my 'tick in the box' to ignore the update, shuffled me into a corner, held a gun to my head and said . . . "you're having it the next time you shutdown your PC, whether you want it or not".

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security.Full installer (367MB).

Note : Actual size 390MB on download.

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...10_000_504.exe

If after updating.You still have issues.Try what Guru GeorgeV suggested.
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; June 22nd, 2013 at 05:26 AM. Reason: Actual size

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Soldiers View Post
    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security.Full installer (367MB)

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...10_000_504.exe

If after updating.You still have issues.Try what Guru GeorgeV suggested.
    Cheers! 'Much appreciated - I'll try out the suggestions from you both later on.

Thank for the reply..

Let us know how you have managed to resolve the issue. It will help other users with the same problem.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Btw, if you are a licensed user of ZA you can contact, free of charge, the official ZA technical support at the link in my signature (all users here). Once at the main support site look for the live chat. Dedicated ZA staff (US based) will help you solving any ZA product related problem.

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

SaliKo Guest

I also have to tell me how to refer to the official technical support?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information