Thread: [SOLVED] zone alarm is blocking website that it didn't before --> Reset to default

murdoch Guest

Default [SOLVED] zone alarm is blocking website that it didn't before --> Reset to default

Zone alarm has suddenly decided to block a web site we've always been able to access, I'm at a loss as to what to do next. I have checked the program control list & made sure the site & it's components had green checks, added the website & it's IP address to the trusted zone, but it still blocks it. I know the problem is zone alarm because I disabled it & the site was again accessible. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much

Default Re: zone alarm is blocking website that it didn't before...please help

The easiest way to add something to the Trusted Zone is to go to Tools | Logs | Log Viewer and see if the IP address, network, host, or site has shown up in the logs. Right-click it and choose Add to Zone | Trusted.

By default, ZoneAlarm security software creates a log entry every time traffic is blocked, whether an alert is displayed or not. Log entries record the traffic source and destination, ports, protocols, and other details. The information is recorded to a text file named ZALOG.txt, stored in the Internet Logs folder. Every 60 days, the log file is archived to a dated file so that it doesn’t become too large.

To view ZALOG.txt : Tools > Logs > Log Control > Click View Log.Will display in Notepad.

How do I read the ZoneAlarm log files?

http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...22&action=view

Note : You could also Reset to Defaults.Tools > Preferences > Reset to Defaults > Reboot.Do not touch default settings nor restore old settings.

Have no other suggestions to offer on this side.
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; June 26th, 2013 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Reword,Reset.typo

murdoch Guest

Thank you, Sky Soldiers, for your response and advice. I had tried right-clicking and adding to trusted zone, but it was "greyed out" so I didn't have that option. BUT the Reset to default worked. Thank you so much for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by murdoch View Post
    Thank you, Sky Soldiers, for your response and advice. I had tried right-clicking and adding to trusted zone, but it was "greyed out" so I didn't have that option. BUT the Reset to default worked. Thank you so much for your help!
    Glad all is well.Reset to Defaults will fix a lot of issues when database gets corrupt.

Thumbs up Re: [SOLVED] zone alarm is blocking website that it didn't before...please help

Hi,
    Just thought I'd jump in here to say that I was having the same problem, and "Reset to Defaults" took care of it for me. It also took care of a few other weird things that were happening on my machine, such as being unable to access my router (the pages were being corrupted). I suggest that you give this solution a try if you're having this problem.

BB

Thread Information