Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [WORKAROUND] Error updating 11.0.504 to 11.768 --> MS .NET Framework Required

Default [WORKAROUND] Error updating 11.0.504 to 11.768 --> MS .NET Framework Required

Any ZA user(s) finding it necessary to have Microsoft .NET Framework installed or being installed by ZA AV+FW 11.768?

It appears ZA AV+FW 11.768 requires the installation of Microsoft .NET. True?

• When installing over 11.0.504 I received an error and the installation failed. I tried to post a png image, but was told it was not valid??? I had downloaded the installation file yesterday from http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...10&action=view
    • I could not get my computer to reboot, even in Safe Mode. Really upset me. On about the third attempt, computer did reboot in Safe Mode and I was able to restore to a Restore Point from earlier this morning. The new version ZA 11.768 showed as installed. I uninstalled using Revo, rebooted, ran clean.exe, cleaned up registry and hard drive, then installed ZA 11.0.504 and everything appears back as it was.

With ZA 11.0.504 installed, I can update, but I am not seeing the latest DAT file version as indicated in https://www.zonealarm.com/forums/sho...ista-Win7-Win8.

• I have run update several times
    • My current DAT file version is shown below

Windows XP SP3 (fully up to date)
    Desktop
    ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall version: 11.0.000.504
    Vsmon version: 11.0.000.504
    Driver version: 11.0.000.504
    Antivirus engine version: 8.3.0.18
    Antivirus signature DAT file version: 1114142848
    Web Identity Protections version: 1.5.393.22
    Last edited by walkerl; June 30th, 2013 at 09:36 AM.

Default Re: Problem with updating 11.0.504 to 11.768; also current DAT file version

Windows XP SP3 (fully up to date).If this is the case.You should be OK.Most likely bad upgrade.Best to do clean install.I have gotten away from doing over the top upgrades.

Since you have re-install 11.0.000.504.Just a suggestion.Try this.Reboot computer.Update from the GUI.Click Update at the upper right next to Scan on the main GUI.

If progress bar for update moves slow.It's updating.Check Dat file it should have change.This has worked for me.

You could also try Reset to Defaults but tick revert my AV to default at install & reboot.Try to update Dat file again after reboot.

Have no other suggestions to offer.Maybe other users can chime in if this suggestions don't work for you.

Note : On XP system restore will break ZA. Always remove ZA before proceeding to a system restore.
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; June 29th, 2013 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Note, typo

Default Re: Problem with updating 11.0.504 to 11.768; also current DAT file version

Yes, watch out on using third party cleaners or system restore as they can prevent the correct installation and functioning of even future ZA versions.

Now that you are back to previous restore point you should:

- Do not use any cleaners or installation monitoring software
    - Keep Internet connection active at all times
    - Remove ZA from windows XP control panel add/remove programs
    - Reboot the PC
    - Turn ON windows firewall and check everything is working correctly and windows firewall is really ON
    - Double check under XP add/remove programs that no other ZA components are still installed, if yes, remove them
    - Download and Run latest ZA removal tool you find here (clean.exe gets constantly updated):http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...load/clean.exe
    - Reboot the PC
    - If you are installing ZA with AV ensure you are not running any other security tool, removed them and ensure no left overs are present (http://www.appremover.com/)
    - Run the latest ZA installer and install ZA (ZA will take care of turning windows firewall OFF)

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; June 30th, 2013 at 12:38 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

First question, main question, not addressed in the above replies. Let me restate it.

• Was a change made in ZA AV+FW 11.768 that now requires the installation, if not already installed on the system, of Microsoft .NET Framework?

The DAT file version finally updated this morning to the current version shown in https://www.zonealarm.com/forums/sho...ista-Win7-Win8

The failure in installing ZA AV+FW 11.768 occurred during the download/installation of .NET Framework during the installation process (see restated, unaddressed question above).

Not that I know, but no idea... sorry, not a question that can be answered by simple users here.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

All users here.No official support for Free ZoneAlarm products.

Post # 2 : Windows XP SP3 (fully up to date).If this is the case.You should be OK.

You must install SP3 and ALL other critical and non-critical and all other Microsoft updates before you even attempt to install ZA.

https://www.zonealarm.com/forums/sho...473#post297473
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; June 30th, 2013 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Added info

I am asking that any user(s) who did not have .NET Framework on their system previously, to respond if they encountered the installation of it when installing ZA AV+FW 11.768

I am really surprised that the answer to the one main question alludes everyone. I have tried using several other security products over the years and have always eventually returned to ZoneAlarm.

Fax and Sky Soldiers: You guys have always seemed quite knowledgeable in the technical aspects of ZA and have always seemed to be "on top" of the latest changes and requirements. I am somewhat surprised that there seems to be no knowledge of the issue which confronted me regarding .NET Framework. I acknowledge that I have read your replies of above and was aware of all of your responses. Sky Soldiers: The only reason that I performed a System Restore (knowing that it might break ZA) was that my system would not boot, even into Safe Mode, after which I uninstalled ZA, cleaned my system and drive and reinstalled ZA AV+FW 11.0.504.

I am a senior citizen with limited resources due to sudden serious medical conditions and allowed my ZAISS subscription expire and switched to ZA AV+FW for that reason. I knew then that there was no support offered for the free version.

I'm using the following : ZoneAlarm with Antivirus version: 11.0.768.000 on Win 7x64 (PRO paid version)

I checked my installed Windows Updates.The following were installed on 06/11/2013.

Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 for x64-based Systems (KB2836942) (Recommended)

Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 for x64-based Systems (KB2836943) (Recommended)

Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB2836939) (Recommended)

Other than that.I don't know the answer to you're Question.Sorry I couldn't help you.
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; June 30th, 2013 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Typo,KB,reword

Quote Originally Posted by walkerl View Post
    The failure in installing ZA AV+FW 11.768 occurred during the download/installation of .NET Framework during the installation process (see restated, unaddressed question above).
    Maybe this was the cause of your issue.

From ZoneAlarm Readme :

General:

a. Installing ZoneAlarm while a Windows update is running may lead to a failed installation. Allow the Windows update to finish, restart, and then try your installation again.

Sky Soldiers:

I had composed and tried to submit a much more detailed answer but was apparently timed-out by the forum software, was taken to the login page and lost the entire effort. Not going to try to reconstruct.

You obviously have .NET Framework 3.51 and 4.0 installed on your system. I do not. Your reply concerning updates to those items on 06/11/2013 has "disappeared". From the e-mail that I received:
    • I checked my installed Windows Updates.The following were installed on 06/11/2013.
    • MS .Net Framework 3.5.1 & MS .Net Framework 4 for Win 7x64 based System (Recommended)

I do not have or want .NET Framework on my system. If I could get the png image to post you would clearly see that .NET Framework was on the ZA AV+FW 11.768 installation panel/screen when the failure occurred.

No Microsoft Update was taking place at the time. I manually go to the Microsoft Update site and download all updates in the first category. .NET Framework is in the 2nd category, but updates thereto will be included in auto updates if you have it installed on your system. The only item in the 2nd category that I look for and update are certificate updates.

By the way, this keycaptcha image thing is a pain and very slow to respond from keycaptcha once the image is assembled. Don't like it at all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information