Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [WORKAROUND] Error updating 11.0.504 to 11.768 --> MS .NET Framework Required

Default Re: Problem with updating 11.0.504 to 11.768; also current DAT file version

I was wrong. .NET 3.5 is required to be installed. The new Site Check feature requires it. This is new in version 11.0768.000

So when its not detected we will attempt to download and install it.

In your case since the .NET installer we download from Microsoft is crashing when it runs (not a ZoneAlarm crash ) I would suggest you run the windows update utility and just update EVERYTHING. Don't leave anything out there is no reason to do that at all. Install all critical , non-critical and all other updates of ANY type.

Yes installing all versions of .net and all the patches for .net can take a Long Long time, but to avoid issues in the futures it better to bit the bullet now.

After you done that then install ZA again. ZA will not need to download and install .Net again.

Forum Moderator
    Last edited by Forum-Moderator; July 2nd, 2013 at 02:39 PM.
    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: [WORKAROUND] Error updating 11.0.504 to 11.768 --> MS .NET Framework Required

Thank you for all your contributions, the origin of the problem has been identified (MS .NET Framework required).

Taking into consideration that the OP will move to other solutions not requiring MS .NET Framework and that all relevant information has been given I will be revising the title of the thread to hint to the workaround and closing it.

I wish the user good luck for his/her new software solution choosen. There is indeed plenty of free software out there depending on users needs and wishes. That's the beauty of free software!

Thank you.
    Last edited by fax; July 3rd, 2013 at 06:21 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information