Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [WORKAROUND] Error updating 11.0.504 to 11.768 --> MS .NET Framework Required

Default Re: Problem with updating 11.0.504 to 11.768; also current DAT file version

Fresh out of suggestions.Sorry.

Sometimes the Mod reads the board.He's the only one that could answer you're question.

Good Luck

Default Re: Problem with updating 11.0.504 to 11.768; also current DAT file version

Quote Originally Posted by walkerl View Post

By the way, this keycaptcha image thing is a pain and very slow to respond from keycaptcha once the image is assembled. Don't like it at all.
    Hello;

Please read the Link below:

reCaptcha, not good <= click here
    Last edited by GeorgeV; July 1st, 2013 at 03:06 AM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

I can only add one simple fact. System/software requirements have not changed from version 504 to 768. So, if you had 504 working fine there is not reason to beleive you can have 768 working perfectly fine as well. So, just too much of speculation so far for an issue that, IMO, is likely a coincidence or a quirk of the day

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Since I could not get my png images to upload to the ZA forum, I established an account at photobucket. Perhaps there is information on them that was not properly conveyed in my verbal descriptions above. Following are 2 images: the error at installation of ZA AV+FW 11.768 trying to download/install .NET Framework on the ZA 11.768 installation panel/screen and the hash totals for the installer to verify that the file is not corrupt:

The main point of my photobucket post above is on the "Error" image.

The ZA AV+FW 11.768 installer was downloading and installing .NET Framework.

Ok, thanks but first time I see this error... so cannot really help, sorry. Searching the forum for similar cases did not help either. So, you seem alone with this problem, so far.

Not clear if you get it everytime you try to install ZA or this is still the screenshot from the first time you tried to install ZA.

If you have tried only once then you should try again with a fresh booted PC, no ZA installed and no third party software running.
    If the issue instead is that you do not like to have NET installed (or part of it) then I am afraid you need to give up on ZAfree and move to a solution that do not use it. Not good to stick to old version of ZA anyway.

Sorry, no other solutions to suggest to resolve your problem.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; July 1st, 2013 at 08:09 AM.

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

fax:

Thanks for the reply. You can now see what I experienced.

With a verified installer and the fact the ZA downloaded and tried to install .NET Framework. My only suspicion is that it has something to do with "New: Forcefield removed, replaced with new and improved Site Check technology and security toolbar", my thinking is that it is likely changes to the toolbar for compatibility from version to version of some browsers. And I do hope that the developers will reinstate the option to exclude installation of the toolbar at install time.

As I previously stated, I had difficulty rebooting my system, the OS would not load, and could not boot into Safe Mode until several attempts were made.

With my serious health conditions, I do not need that "jolt" again this soon. I will stay with ZA AV+FW 11.0.504 for now. I sincerely hope that an answer can be found so that I may continue using ZA rather than having to adapt to and learn another product.

Please try to leave this thread open for other users who may experience the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerl View Post
    With my serious health conditions, I do not need that "jolt" again this soon. I will stay with ZA AV+FW 11.0.504 for now. I sincerely hope that an answer can be found so that I may continue using ZA rather than having to adapt to and learn another product.
    And I do hope that the developers will reinstate the option to exclude installation of the toolbar at install time.

Please try to leave this thread open for other users who may experience the same problem.
    Thank you for your Feedback on your experience with the Free Firewall + antivirus update..

Here is additional information posted at the top of the Free Firewall section from the Forum Moderator.

The software is provided for Free. A lot of very expensive dollars go into developing Free security software.

So in exchange for Free software we Require the changing of the Browsers homepage and browser search provider along with a Toolbar. Doing this provides a small amount of revenue to us.

Were not getting rich off this nor does it pay for all development of Free versions but it helps so that we can continue to offer Free firewall and AV solutions to the public.

Forum Moderator
    Last edited by GeorgeV; July 1st, 2013 at 04:04 PM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

If .NET was required ZA installer would detect if it was not present on your PC an message would have been display telling you it was required and the installation would stop.

But .NET is NOT required.

Sounds like a bad upgrade as fax has suggested and that's all.

Forum Moderator.

Just trying to get a full understanding.

How can a "bad upgrade" result in the ZA installer attempting to download and install .NET Framework? The image below was posted above. It shows the download/install attempt of .NET Framework on the ZA installer panel:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information