Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zonealarm/Firefox 22 interfering with "paste" function

Thumbs up Re: Zonealarm/Firefox interfering with "paste" function

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Soldiers View Post
    Go to Mozilla Support and type in Search (copy/paste in Firefox 22).You'll see it's Firefox issue.
    Thank you very much Sky Soldiers, for taking the time to research and report about the Firefox 22 issue that was posted on the Mozilla Support site..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; July 7th, 2013 at 11:50 AM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: Zonealarm/Firefox interfering with "paste" function

Quote Originally Posted by TorrentG View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to shift blame here but it's the scientific part of me that would like to ask about something:

Which plugins do you have installed to Firefox?

and also...

do you have any other type of security installed whatsoever (even if disabled - drivers are still running like that, so...)???
    I'm not a novice user. Been there, done that, several times over. I tried with a completely fresh install of FF22 w/ a new profile and no plugins, and also with no security software whatsoever. The issue ONLY occurred when both FF22+ and ZA Free Firewall were both installed, and ONLY worked again (for me) when one of, or both of the following occurred... installing FF21 and/or completely removing ZA - not just disabling the security service. But to answer your question:

Win7 Pro x64 SP1 w/ all current Windows Updates
    ZoneAlarm Free Firewall 11.0.764.000 (and previously 11.0.000.504)
    Kaspersky Anti-Virus 13.0.1.4190 (h)
    Smoky White FF Theme
    Adbock Plus 2.2.4
    NoSquint 2.1.9
    Status-4-Evar 2013.2.16.23
    Foxit Reader 2.2.3.402
    Jave SE 7 U25 10.25.2.16
    Shockwave Flash 11.7.700.224

To EVERYone, it seems there are minor differences in what makes things work and/or not work when both ZA and FF22+ are installed. At this point those small details don't matter because they obviously aren't the same for everyone & only disabling the privacy service does not work for everyone. I am getting the feeling that people feel that just because they had a certain experience, that the exact same should hold true for everyone else. There are people on Bugzilla that claim to have never even used ZA and are experiencing the problem, so ZA is just one of many factors in the entire thing caused by THEIR browser.

How about we just stop, end things here, and lock the thread with a choice of two simple solutions that WILL work for everyone.

Install Firefox 21 until Mozilla fixes the issue
    OR
    Uninstall ZA (disabling only the security service does not work for everyone)
    Last edited by h0gw4rt; July 7th, 2013 at 09:33 AM.

Default Re: Zonealarm/Firefox interfering with "paste" function

Quote Originally Posted by h0gw4rt View Post
    How about we just stop, end things here, and lock the thread with a choice of two simple solutions that WILL work for everyone.

Install Firefox 21 until Mozilla fixes the issue
    OR
    Uninstall ZA (disabling only the security service does not work for everyone)
    Sounds like a good plan to me.

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Angry Zone alarm free preventing copy and paste in web pages

I have been using zone alarm free for many many years and this is the first time I have ever experienced an issue such as the one I am having. The other day I tried to copy and paste an address from a web page and noticed that the copy and paste did not work. I then proceeded to do some research and found that others were experiencing the same issue I am. The resolution was to turn off zone alarm free as it was preventing the copy and paste. I then turned off zone alarm free just to see if that stopped the issue of no copy and paste and much to my surprise copy and paste worked flawlessly once zone alarm free was disabled. I then enabled zone alarm free once again for my protection and now the copy and paste function for web pages is again disabled. Looks like someone pulled a big boo boo on this one for sure. The question I have is there any setting in zone alarm free that will allow my copy and paste function to work again on web pages. The copy and paste feature works perfectly for any offline projects but with zone alarm free enabled I cannot copy and paste on web pages. Please help and thank you kindly.

Update: Sorry I forgot to mention that I my OS is windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.
    Last edited by gottuhaviet; July 9th, 2013 at 12:44 AM. Reason: added info

Default Re: Zonealarm/Firefox 22 interfering with "paste" function

Moved the post to the corresponding thread. Please search the board before posting to avoid posting duplicates. What to do to workaround this issue is posted just above your message.

Thanks,
    Fax

Default Real reason Paste does not work, config error on end user part

As always, I had to figure out why people have issues with things on computers. It took me all of literally 30 seconds this morning of playing around to reproduce the issue.

It happens when newbs configure Firefox with restricted permissions in the ZA program settings, directly to the left of where the green check marks for net or local access are applied.

Don't configure FF for restricted access and you won't be restricted.

Application Control settings within ZA also affect this. "Enable Advanced Application Control" and/or "Enable Application Interaction Control" being toggled on definitely also play a role in this. This is purposeful behavior intended by the engineers of ZA. It's no bug or "glitch" in the Matrix.

Same difference at the end of the day. Poor config. I didn't try all settings in all the variations, but was simply able to reproduce the issue by purposely poorly configuring ZA to match what a newb might do.
    Last edited by TorrentG; July 9th, 2013 at 04:33 AM.

Default Zonealarm and firefox copy and paste problem

The problem we have been having with firefox 22 when running zonealarm
    of copy and paste should be fixed soon by firefox. The link below is for a firefox nightly that they did last night and I tried it and the problem went away. I would not load this on your computer since it reports back to mozilla but I am sure they will come out with a new update for firefox soon that will have this fix in it.

-http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/2013-07-11-03-02-04-mozilla-central/firefox-25.0a1.en-US.win32.installer.exe-
    Last edited by fax; July 11th, 2013 at 01:06 PM. Reason: delinked - no Active link to executables please

Thank you very much for taking the time to report that the solution to the bug of firefox is approaching.

Default Zonealarm/Firefox 22 interfering with "paste" function

The beta below has the fix for this but remember if you download it that it is a beta. I downloaded it and it works fine. Sure they will release 23 soon if you want to wait.

Mozilla Firefox Beta 23.0b6

~~snip~~
    Last edited by GeorgeV; July 17th, 2013 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Sorry, 3rd party BETA Test links violate TOS

The ZoneAlarm development team confirmed with Mozilla that this is a bug in FF22 and has been fixed in FF23.

At this time they expect FF23 to be released on the week of Aug 6th.
    This date could change.

You can find the latest Firefox release info on:
    https://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases

Forum Moderator
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information