Thread: Updating ZA version 11 build 504 to 11.0.768.000 - no custom install option

Threaded View

bengtang Guest

Exclamation Updating ZA version 11 build 504 to 11.0.768.000 - no custom install option

Hi, i have installed ZA free firewall build 504. Today it notified me that a new update is available, 11.0.768.000, so i downloaded that and tried to install it.

Problem is, there is only the option to do Quick Install with default settings. There is no option to do a custom install. Clicking on the only button available - the quick install with default settings - brings up a next screen where i am required to set my search provider to zonealarm and install a browser toolbar. If i do not tick the boxes, it does not let me continue the quick install.

I do not want to change my browser search provider or install the toolbar, i want to do a custom install to not have those things.

If this is not possible, I will have to uninstall Zone Alarm and switch to ~~snip~~ another firewall solution.
    Last edited by fax; July 10th, 2013 at 06:32 AM. Reason: reference competing solution - Against ToU of this board and offtopic

Thread Information