Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: free version has expired

Angry free version has expired

hi, i just installed zonealarm free firewall, but the firewall has expired. what's the problem?

Cool Re: free version has expired

Quote Originally Posted by Peter36 View Post
    hi, i just installed zonealarm free firewall, but the firewall has expired. what's the problem?
    Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

This Zone Alarm Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with Zone Alarm and need to be guided in the right direction to answer Questions about Zone Alarm..

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer it's Software and what type and Version of Zone Alarm that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

*** NOTICE:

Whenever posting here- it is always advisable to list Full details of your Computer:

Please Give the Exact Type and version of Zone Alarm used, Windows Version & SP Update used, Browser type and version, any other security tools installed and type of router or Internet connection used.

The More information you post the more likely users here will be able to understand the issue and try to help.

======== Try this ===============

Probably just a bad upgrade. Try a clean install as detailed below:

1. Re-download the latest version of ZAfree 11.0.768.000 from here: Looking for the latest version?

Make Sure to choose the right installer, i.e. ZAfree WITHOUT the antivirus, if you already have another Anti-virus program installed.

2. Remove you current ZA from your OS control panel (add/remove programs in XP, Uninstall an application in WIN7 or WIN8).

3. Reboot the PC

4. Turn ON Windows firewall if off (ZA will take care of turning it off once installed).

5. Download and save to the desktop the ZA removal tool:
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...load/clean.exe

6. Run the ZA removal tool

7. Reboot the PC

8. Install the latest version 11.0.768.000 ZAfree you downloaded from point 1.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; July 17th, 2013 at 07:07 AM.

Default Re: free version has expired

My os is 64bit-win 7, installed several days ago.
    ZoneAlarm Free Firewall version: 11.0.768.000, with no anti-virus.
    I downloaded zafwSetup_110_768_000 again, installed, but the problem is there too.
    za.JPG

Peter36
    Re: free version has expired
    My os is 64bit-win 7, installed several days ago.
    ZoneAlarm Free Firewall version: 11.0.768.000, with no anti-virus.
    I downloaded zafwSetup_110_768_000 again, installed, but the problem is there too.
    Attachment 192
    ("My os is 64bit-win 7, installed several days ago," )

That is a new Clue?
    1.) is this an Upgrade from Windows XP?
    2.) if so, was Zone Alarm uninstalled before upgrading to Windows 7?
    3.) is this a Dual Boot partition or Virtual machine?

Ok your Screenshot, indicates that you may have at one time installed one of the Paid versions of Zone Alarm that was not properly uninstalled, because that is the ONLY way that a new Clean install of Zone Alarm Free Basic Firewall ZaFwSetup file would detect an expired License Key..

Both of the FREE ZA Firewall and ZA Free + AV programs do not need or have a License Key, Only the Paid versions of Zone Alarm come with a Required License Key..

Try the Tips Below?
    and Re-read All of my Previous message again....

Only other suggestion is to clean install.Remove ZA Free from Uninstall a program.Reboot.Then run removal tool & run it as Administrator :

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...load/clean.exe

Download latest versions 11.0.768.000 :

http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...10&action=view

Always install Zone Alarm under the Administrator Account & in the Default directory on C:\ drive.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; July 21st, 2013 at 03:37 PM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

hi, GeorgeV
    1, The os is installed recently, and i've just installed one program which is neither a firewall nor a anti-virus.
    2, so I haven't installed any paid versions of zone alarm.
    3, I uninstalled the free firewall from the control panel, reboot, then use the clean.exe
    4, I installed again with the file downloaded from the web page you indicated, md5 matches. reboot. the problem is not fixed.
    5, c:\drive you said is c:\program files? on my c:\drive is win 8, and win 7 is on d:\drive, so the firewall is installed on d:\program files by default.
    6, at present, i can't thought of any other clues. Tomorrow i'll give it a try in virtualBox.

If you uninstalled then after the uninstall ran the clean.exe that would remove all traces of any licensing.

I hate to say this but from seeing your posted screen shot I think there something really wrong with your OS or some other driver.

The screen shot is all distorted graphics in the wrong places the fonts are all wrong. Not normal at all, never seen it like this.

I have to say this is not a ZA issue but this new OS you just installed. You may not have installed any other apps but one but something is very very wrong with this OS.

Forum Moderator.

Unhappy Re: free version has expired

Quote Originally Posted by Forum-Moderator View Post
    The screen shot is all distorted graphics in the wrong places the fonts are all wrong. Not normal at all, never seen it like this.
    Forum Moderator.
    For this, is it has something with resolution? Mine is 1366*768.

I hate to say it is ok when i install the firewall in the virtual machine (xp, sp3).

Maybe there is something wrong with my os, but i don't understand why the firewall expires in my os with uncertain problems, that is, the wrong os can't cause the expire of firewall. I can accept the failure of installation of the firewall. I thought that firewall expires only due to pre-installed paid zone alarm products, even so, the clean.exe can clean it. I'm confused.

Angry Re: free version has expired

Hello;

I have no Idea why your FREE ZA Firewall has Expired?

However, After doing a Search of the Forum message base I found this Message from the Forum Moderator that may apply to your Dual Boot configuration?

https://www.zonealarm.com/forums/sho...864#post296864

The problem is this ZA is never tested or QA'ed in this environment.

Its never was designed to work on a PC with a web server , no matter how little its used.

This is similar to people who have dual boot PC's. We don't test or make our software for that environment thus even if you been using it for years with no issues and all of sudden it does not work with a new version of ZA, its still not supported.

Forum Moderator
    GeorgeV

We given you all the suggestions and advice we can on the subject. Since you refuse to accept or take the advice there nothing more we have to tell you on this issue.

Possibly some other user might chime in and give you another suggestion.

Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Forum-Moderator View Post
    Since you refuse to accept or take the advice there nothing more we have to tell you on this issue.

Forum Moderator
    Is it seems like I refuse to accept or take the advice? I'm sorry making you think so.
    I always take the advice from GeorgeV, such as use clean.exe, download the newest version of free firewall, and so on.
    I just don't understand the connection between the expiration of the firewall and my os.

For dual os, I remember several years ago i used za firewall pro (7.0, maybe) on one of my os on my old pc. Since the two os on the same pc was comparatively independent, za firewall could works well.

Is there any user who use 64-bit win 7 with free firewall with or without anti-virus installed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information