Thread: [SOLVED] Download setup and install problems with ZoneAlarm PRO Antivirus + Firewall

Unhappy [SOLVED] Download setup and install problems with ZoneAlarm PRO Antivirus + Firewall

I have downloaded ZoneAlarm PRO Antivirus + Firewall 1 PC - 1 Year. That put a installation file on my PC (XP). I ran this and it ran for ages then got an error # 1619 Installation Package cannot be opened. There is an icon on my desk top and when it is clicked zonealarm appears to load but does not seem to do anything. This is upsetting as I uninstalled the previous protection now I have none at all. After over an hour on active installation (according to the display showing 100% complete I get the #1619 message. I have repeated the download and the install process 4 times.
    When the Zonealarm interface icon on the notification taskbar is clicked eventually the usual interface appears (similar to that on the Win7) PC but there is no antivirus active and the logs all are empty - and I selected to have 'learning mode' I have had no messages about allowing or disallowing this or that software to access the internet.

Default Re: Download setup and install problems with ZoneAlarm PRO Antivirus + Firewall

Quote Originally Posted by Patc4 View Post
    I have downloaded ZoneAlarm PRO Antivirus + Firewall 1 PC - 1 Year. That put a installation file on my PC (XP). I ran this and it ran for ages then got an error # 1619 Installation Package cannot be opened. There is an icon on my desk top and when it is clicked zonealarm appears to load but does not seem to do anything. This is upsetting as I uninstalled the previous protection now I have none at all. After over an hour on active installation (according to the display showing 100% complete I get the #1619 message. I have repeated the download and the install process 4 times.
    When the Zonealarm interface icon on the notification taskbar is clicked eventually the usual interface appears (similar to that on the Win7) PC but there is no antivirus active and the logs all are empty - and I selected to have 'learning mode' I have had no messages about allowing or disallowing this or that software to access the internet.

Hello;

A.)

Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer it's Software and what Version of Zone Alarm that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

This sounds like 1.) a corrupted download, or 2.) some other Security software corrupting or Blocking ZA Pro from running..

Try this safe clean up procedure..

Follow these instructions Below to clean your computer of the old version and any conflicting 3rd party Security programs, then install a clean new copy of the current supported version of Zone Alarm PRO Antivirus + Firewall v11.0.768.000

The instruction for a clean install are below

1. Download the latest version http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...10&action=view
    <== click here

2. Remove your current ZA version (in XP use Windows add/remove programs)

3. Remove other security tools installed. Use http://www.appremover.com/ to double check no left overs are present.

4. Clean your system and registry with the Free Ccleaner.exe
    free ccleaner <= click here

5. Download to your desktop and run the ZA removal tool, <= click here
    now reboot computer after running ZA Removal tool.

6. Now Install the latest ZA version without touching any default settings,
    and Do Not Restore Saved Settings from the old install.

Let us know how you have managed to resolve the issue. It will help other users with the same problem.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: Download setup and install problems with ZoneAlarm PRO Antivirus + Firewall

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    Hello;

A.)

Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer it's Software and what Version of Zone Alarm that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

This sounds like 1.) a corrupted download, or 2.) some other Security software corrupting or Blocking ZA Pro from running..

Try this safe clean up procedure..

Follow these instructions Below to clean your computer of the old version and any conflicting 3rd party Security programs, then install a clean new copy of the current supported version of Zone Alarm PRO Antivirus + Firewall v11.0.768.000

[B]
    Let us know how you have managed to resolve the issue. It will help other users with the same problem.
    I did the following:
    1. Downloaded zaAvSetup Web_l 10_768_000. exe 2,411KB
    2. Ran Appremover then restart
    3. ccleaner
    4. Downloaded new za removal tool and ran it then restart
    5. Ran zaAvSetup Web_l 10_768_000. exe 2,411KB

Result is similar to last time except the launcher does not run.

image 1.png

Hi;

I'm sorry that did not work for you..

This Zone Alarm Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with Zone Alarm and need to be guided in the right direction to answer Questions about Zone Alarm..

Sorry, you will need to check with the Official Tech Support directly about this issue, we are all users here. ZA staff does not monitor this board. Please contact Tech Support directly at the link in signature, it is Free for users with a Valid License Key.

Moreover if you have already contacted Tech Support and the advice they give you does not fix the problem,
    then it's important that you go back to them again to report the issue is not resolved. Not here in this Forum.

NOTE: The More information about your Computer and Software installed and how to replicate your problem, and what steps that you have already tried will be helpful information , the more likely Tech Support will be able to understand the issue and try to help you.

Last edited by GeorgeV; July 27th, 2013 at 07:33 PM.
    GeorgeV

Smile Re: Download setup and install problems with ZoneAlarm PRO Antivirus + Firewall

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    Hi;

I'm sorry that did not work for you..

This Zone Alarm Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with Zone Alarm and need to be guided in the right direction to answer Questions about Zone Alarm..

Sorry, you will need to check with the Official Tech Support directly about this issue, we are all users here. ZA staff does not monitor this board. Please contact Tech Support directly at the link in signature, it is Free for users with a Valid License Key.

Moreover if you have already contacted Tech Support and the advice they give you does not fix the problem,
    then it's important that you go back to them again to report the issue is not resolved. Not here in this Forum.

NOTE: The More information about your Computer and Software installed and how to replicate your problem, and what steps that you have already tried will be helpful information , the more likely Tech Support will be able to understand the issue and try to help you.

Hi I have sucess! I repeated your instructions and now it is OK.

Before I started the first install of Zonealarm I downloaded several antivirus/malware removal tools from beeping computers and ran them (I discovered my old firewall was nolonger supported so was worried it had not been working properly). The rest you know about the first installation.

I will tell you the difference between the second and third installations using your protocol as I observed.

Before starting the last installation I ran Beeping's removal tools again (all OK) then your five steps except used same download for zonealarm exe.
    I notice appremover took longer to run and on restart the PC refused to reload - it stalled just as windows normally fills in the desktop icons - but for an hour so restarted computer without problems this time. Removed Zonealarm fragments installed last time then restarted - very slow load of windows again then re-installed zonealarm and iit worked.
    Then ran Zonealarm installation and all worked.
    Thank you for your help my PC is now protected.

Default Re: [SOLVED] Download setup and install problems with ZoneAlarm PRO Antivirus + Fire

Your Welcome..

Thank you for taking the time to report back on how you resolved your issue..
    GeorgeV

Thread Information